All That We Are Is Sleepy

Simon

There's someone (probably Baz) shaking me awake. With a groan, I fling an arm over my face.

"What do you want?" I grumble. The person tugs on the ends of my sleep-tangled hair.

"Wake up, Simon, I've got something to show you!" Says Baz's excited voice.

"I don't want to wake up," I protest childishly. Baz's weight shifts, and suddenly he's sitting on top of me. I huff a sound that's half laugh, half groan.

"Then don't wake up, just move your arm so I can get at your ears." My brow furrows in confusion, but I move my arm. What in Crowley's name is he doing? I feel headphones being pressed gently into my ears, and then a slight pause before a song begins to play. It's soft. And slow. And so lovely it sends a shiver up my spine, the dulcet piano chords caressing my every molecule.

"Isn't this Andrei's song from the BBC version of War and Peace?" I murmur (Baz made us watch the show a year or so ago. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would). Baz bends down to press a kiss to my shoulder.

"Yes. It's also what I want to walk down the aisle to." I finally open my eyes, smiling at my ridiculous, history nerd fiancé.

"It's perfect, Baz. Crowley, I love it."

Baz is grinning at me, and the look on his face is Magic. Those quicksilver eyes shine brightly. His needle-sharp canines glint at the corners of his smile. I wish I had a camera-- this would make the most perfect picture.

The song ends in a sweeping sforzando, then slowly, sweetly drifts away.

"And this," Baz presses a button on his phone. I close my eyes again to get the full feel of the song, "This is what I want to dance to."

The new song starts, and I start to giggle.

It's a cover of Rainbow fucking Connection. A gorgeous cover of it, sure, but I think this is Baz being a passive-aggressive gay shit.

"We're dancing to a song about rainbows?" I tease, opening my eyes again. Baz is laughing, too.

"Come on, Simon, it's perfect. It's like a big slap in the face to everyone we ever went to school with-- Simon Snow is gay because this guy, right here!" I laugh harder, covering my face with my hands.

"I hope you realise I'm only marrying you for your sass," I joke. Baz nods solemnly.

"Oh believe me, I know. I'm only marrying you because you appreciate my sass." I grin, half-closing my eyes again to listen to the rest of the song.

"This is really pretty. Who's singing this?" Baz glances down at his phone, squinting a little to read the name.

"A bloke on youtube named... Joseph Vincent," he replies. I reach up to put my hands on Baz's newly muscled shoulders, tugging him down so he's laying on my chest.

"It's perfect, Baz. They both are. Have you been up all night looking for songs?" I feel Baz's laugh rumbling against my chest before I hear it.

"Maybe..." He says, avoiding answering. I'll take that as a yes, then. I wrap the headphones around his phone and set them on the nightstand by my head.

"Then sleep. It's late," I whisper. Baz's eyelashes tickle my chest as he closes his eyes.

"I love you, Simon." I smile, tangling my fingers in his soft, silky-smooth hair.

"I love you too, Basilton."

--------------------

Links to the songs (I may or may not make a playlist later):

Author's note:

RAINBOW IS WRITING A SEQUEL AND I SWEAR TO CROWLEY I'VE NEVER BEEN THIS FUCKING EXCITED IN MY LIFFEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (MORE BELOW!)

SHE'S CALLING IT WAYWARD SON (WHICH IS SO FUCKING AMAZING HONESTLY ALEISTER CROWLEY). THIS IS THE COVER MADE BY THE FABULOUS KEVIN WADA AND IT'S SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL.

IT DROPS IN 2020 WHICH IS LIKE.... MOTHER OF GOD I'VE BEEN WAITING FIVE YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT, AND I AM TERRIBLY FUCKING GRATEFUL FOR IT. HOLY SHIT I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO BAZ AND SIMON ARE LOOKING FLY AS FUCK, SO KUDOS TO KEVIN WADA FOR HIS FUCKING AWESOME CLOTHING DESIGN!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-A VERY EXCITED LEFTY

P.S.

I got a basil plant and named it Baz :) It's my son now.