Mine and Only Mine

Jughead and Betty were official and so were Archie and Veronica. The four were so in love and so proud of the people they were with that they saw no reason in hiding their relationships. They went official around the same time and everyone knew. People weren't so surprised about Archie and Veronica, they were all the hype for maybe a day and then were talked about no more. But Betty and Jughead? Everyone was spreading the news, no one would believe it. Well, would you? The perfect girl next door, painted in pastels and pinks dating the loner outsider from the wrong side of the tracks painted in dark and black.
He was black and she was white. He was dark and she was light. It was true that they were different, but they were the same in their own, unique ways. Everyone was talking about Betty's and Jughead's relationship for weeks on end. At first, it was assumed a rumour. That was until, they'd be happily walking down the hallway, hand-in-hand or stealing kisses before heading separate directions. But they didn't care, they were in love, and that was all that mattered to them. They were a very cute couple, everyone had to admit. So the buzz eventually died down and life was back to normal.

Now, the core four sat at a table outside at lunch, Betty and Jughead next to each other, and the same with Archie and Veronica. Jughead had his arm around Betty and she was leaned against him, resting her head on his shoulder while their free hands were intertwined under the table. Veronica was seated on Archie's lap, his arm hanging loosely over her shoulders. They had been talking and laughing whilst eating, and now just sat for a minute of silence, letting their food go down and appreciating each other's company. Betty was almost ready to let sleep take over her, as she felt so comfortable and warm in her position locked in Jughead's body, his arm protecting her and his scent filling her lungs. He smelt of mint and books, a bizarre combination, but one she'd grown to love.
It was Veronica who spoke up, breaking Betty from her sleepy daze.
"Aw. You two are too cute, I can't even!" Veronica was smiling longingly at them, taking in their cuteness. Betty barely managed a smile back and her eyes fluttered shut again. Jughead nudged her slightly causing her eyes to reopen. "Hey, sleepyhead. You won't make it to afternoon classes if you stay like that." He looked down at his contented girlfriend. His. He loved having that label. She was his and only his, and he was hers and only hers. Betty forced herself to sit up, still keeping Jughead's arm around her and still keeping their fingers locked underneath the table.
"Well, sorry, I was just comfortable." She looked to her boyfriend who was smiling at her and she smiled back. They were interrupted, gazing at each other by a bright flash which caused them to break apart and turn.
"Sorry." Veronica said, holding her cellphone. "But it's too cute. This is going straight on Instagram, hashtag Bughead" she said while typing violently on her screen. Jughead rolled his eyes playfully at Archie, who did the same and Betty rubbed her eyes. "Jeez V, you almost blinded me." She said looking over to her best friend. Veronica shoved her phone in Betty's face, displaying the picture she had taken of the two. Even Betty thought it was cute. Betty looked at it for a good 5 seconds before slightly laughing. "Still doesn't change the fact you shoved your flash in my face." She said jokingly, but then with a serious tone she said,
"No, but really, that photo is actually really cute, send me it."
Veronica squealed, nodding at her best friend.
Jughead could only laugh at his girlfriend. She turned around to him.
"What? I need a new lockscreen." She shrugged, before he shook his head at her cute goofiness and pulled her into him again.

-

Before last period, Betty was collecting a few books from her locker. She was alone, as her friends all had different classes and she quickly retrieved her books. But before she could even close the locker herself, the door closed for her. She was confused and she turned to her right, to reveal a smirking Reggie Mantle, leaning against the locker next to hers. She rolled her eyes when she looked at him, and turned around to walk away. He grabbed her arm and pulled her back towards him.
"What is it, Reggie?" She asked, holding her books to her chest. She looked at him blankly, with no expression on her face. She was already uninterested in whatever he was going to say to her, and she just wanted to get to last period.
"So, you're with Wednesday Addams now, huh?" He raised his eyebrow at her.
Betty simply furrowed her brows and shrugged her shoulders. "So?" She said, as if his statement was pointless.
"I just think you can do better, Cooper" he said flirtatiously.
Betty shifted on her feet.
"Reggie!" she said in disgust. "I am not going out with you!" She declared.
"I didn't say that, babe" he said looking her up and down, before stepping towards her and leaning to kiss her.
Betty immediately took a step back and exclaimed,
"What the hell is wrong with you?! I have a boyfriend, you creep!"

As if to prove her point, Jughead suddenly appeared at Betty's side, gently pushing her behind him, and standing in front of her protectively.
"Don't touch her again, you perv" he spat, looking the shocked, Mantle boy up and down.
"Actually, you're disgusting. Get out of here, you sexually frustrated ass. Never talk to or go near my girlfriend again!" Jughead sounded furious. "You understand that? She's mine."
Reggie looked at him and hid his embarrassed face before walking away.
Jughead turned to Betty, in which she immediately pulled him into a hug.
"What's this for?" He laughed.
"For saving me." She sighed in content. "I'm so glad you came when you did."
"I wasn't gonna let him kiss you, or even touch you. I'm always gonna be here to protect you, Betts" he pulled away and caressed her cheek.
"I like how you claimed me as yours." She giggled, looking shyly at him. He chuckled himself and brushed a loose piece of her hair behind her ear.
"That's because you are." He informed her. "You are mine. And I'm yours."
She smiled at him with heart eyes and he did the same. She didn't care that none of them had said it before but she felt she needed to. The time felt right.
"I love you, Juggie." She said to him.
He looked taken aback at first but his face soon relaxed into a content smile.
"I love you too, baby"

And they sealed their love with a kiss.