Free

A/N Please read full message at the end for update!!❤️

It was probably only 30 minutes in that questioning room, but to Betty, it felt like hours. She waited in anticipation, just to see Jughead again. Soon after, he emerged from the room, along with FP Jones, Sheriff Keller and two other deputies. Jughead didn't look happy at all, and he looked down at the floor.

Oh no. This had to be bad news.

Jughead slowly started towards Betty's cell, kicking his feet across the floor, and he wouldn't meet her eye.

"Jug," Betty whispered as he approached.

That's when he looked up, and Betty saw it. There was something wrong. He didn't smile at her, in fact, he looked hurt and betrayed.
And that's when he spoke,

"I can't believe you would do this to me, Betty."

Betty's heart sank. They'd brainwashed him. Now Jughead, the one person she wanted to believe her so much over everyone, was fed the lies too. Now he believed she would do this to him. Betty's eyes welled up with tears and her lips quivered. She looked at him with confusion. And hurt. And question. She could feel her heart ripping in half.

Suddenly, Jughead broke into a huge grin.

"I can't believe you would think I actually believed you did this to me!" He smiled a huge smile and held her face through the metal bars.

Betty let out one chuckle and the tears spilled, tears of joy, as she smiled at him.

"Also, you're coming with me, babe," he told her and Betty immediately raised her eyebrows in question.

"W-what?" Was her response.

Jughead motioned to Sheriff Keller and one of the deputies came over, fishing something out of his belt.

Keys.

Betty gasped, clamping both her hands over her mouth, more tears escaping this time.

The deputy unlocked the cell and opened it, allowing room for Betty to exit.

Jughead was stood about a metre away from the cell. Betty still didn't move, she stood in the cell froze to the spot, hands clamped over her mouth.

Jughead smiled at her, and then, in a sarcastic and joking tone, said,
"Wait. You didn't think I was going to let you stay here, did you? Did you doubt me?" He laughed.

Betty took off and ran at him, jumping into his arms and burying her face in his neck. She missed this. So much. She missed him.

He laughed into her neck, and lightly kissed it.

"I missed you so much, Betty. I'm never going to let you go," he whispered.

"You have no idea, Jug. I'm so happy you're here," Betty said, squeezing in the tears, head still buried in his neck.

She felt something wet dab at her neck and she lifted her head and looked at Jughead. There were two tears on his cheeks.

"Jughead Jones, are you crying?" Betty said with a smirk.

"Hey, come on! Give a guy a break," he laughed.

They still stood in the middle of the police station, Jughead holding Betty up in his arms, her legs wrapped around his waist, her arms around his neck.

They stared at each other for a moment, mesmerised. Just enjoying and appreciating this minute.

But Betty had waited long enough, she deserved it.

She leaned in and crashed her lips onto Jughead's, want, need and hunger in it. She'd missed this so much.

When they broke apart, Jughead smiled up at her.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that," Betty chuckled, Jughead following.

"Trust me. Me too," Jughead said.

And in the words of Hannah Montana,

Life really is a climb, but the view?

Yeah, it was pretty great.

A/N

Andddddd that's a wrap, folks! I had to end this story with a happy chapter and I'm sorry it wasn't what you were expecting but I feel like there was enough twists and turns in this story and more would've dragged it on and it would've gotten boring.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you who read, voted and just enjoyed this book! I'm still overwhelmed with the response and kind comments❤️ I'm really kind of emotional that my first book has come to an end, but I had to end on a happy note after all of the drama. And I feel like this was the perfect moment.

But don't go too far! I'm working on another book that I'll be publishing soon and I hope you'll all love it!! Hopefully it will be better than this so I'd love if you all checked it out!!

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart for everything! Thanks for your sweet messages also!

I love you all!! Goodbye for now!! And i will be back soon!!

See you in Detention!!❤️

~ @xbugheadsx ❤️❤️