Chock'lit Confrontations

Betty trembled in her chair. Her mother's voice drilling into her ear as she sat in complete shock. She had Jughead in a firm grip, willing him to stay with her. He had his arms placed protectively around her side as Alice stood beside their booth, drumming her fingers off her folded arms, sending both teens a deathly glare.
Betty shivered and sucked in a breath, afraid of her mother's capabilities.

"Do I need to repeat myself, young lady?" Alice hissed with venom, the anger surging through her veins, restraining herself from violently shaking her daughter or worse, in front of all of the local residents, quietly observing the scene which was starting to sizzle.

"I'm not going anywhere, Mom" Betty bravely whispered.

"Excuse me?"

Betty began to feel a rush of confidence flood over her, overwhelming her with anger, and building on her defence was Jughead's comforting hold.

"You heard me." Betty finally met her mother's gaze, automatically noticing the glint of malice and evilness in her eye. Her mother was a monster, as Veronica had so bluntly put it. Betty used to friendly scold Veronica for her use of words, laughing at the joke, but now, Betty couldn't agree more. Her mother was a monster, and it wasn't a joke, the last few days, forbidding her to see her one true love, was cruel and heartless, and the "joke" she once shared with her raven-haired best friend, slapped her up the face with the harsh reality of it all.

Alice's nose was flaring in frustration and utter aggravation at her daughter's newly bloomed disobedience.
"What did I tell you about him?" Alice looked at Jughead, emphasising "him" as she glared at Jughead with contempt.

Jughead did feel quite intimidated by Betty's mother, if he was being truthful, but he wouldn't let Betty go through her wrath alone, especially if he was the purpose of it.

"He has a name, Mom! Jughead, by the way, incase you missed it. Yeah, mom, you told me an awful lot about him. The him you thought you knew. But really, you don't know him at all," Betty's infuriation increased and grew stronger, as she rose from her seat and gritted her teeth in exasperation.

"But I do know him. Really well. And you were too wound up on the bullshit stories you concocted that you didn't listen or even give me a chance to tell you the real Jughead. And whether you approve or not, he is my boyfriend! And I love him! And that's something that you can't take from me. Jughead loves me, and he cares about me. He makes me happy. We're happy. Can't you let us be happy?" Betty's voice broke, as she stifled a quiet sob, feeling Jughead reach for her clenched fist. She looked down at him for the first time since her outburst. He comforted her with a smile, and everything she needed to know, showed in his eyes. Her bottom lip was trembling, and her body was shaking in anger, agitation and brokenness. She slowly unclenched her fist, allowing Jughead's hand to lock into hers as he stood up next to her and wrapped his free arm around her, holding her in a tight embrace.

Alice was stunned, to say the least. She grew furious at Betty's outburst, and the fact that every customer was now peering at them, curious to see what would happen next.
Alice exhaled. She saw how calm and happy that the boy truly did make her daughter feel, something she could certainly never be capable of.
"Of course I want you to be happy, Betty. I just think you're throwing it all away"

Betty looked up from where her face was rested, in the crook of Jughead's neck and peered at her mother through tear-filled eyes.
"It's always about you, isn't it? It's always what you want" Betty hiccupped, taking sharp intakes of breath.

Alice sighed in lack of progression.
"Just come home. We can talk about this there." Alice pleaded with her child.

"No," Betty breathed, "I'm not going anywhere."

Alice bowed her head in defeat and slowly lifted it to manage a slight nod.
"Well, obviously you're not in the right mind to adopt my point of view or progress with this whole situation, so, once you've calmed down and are ready to talk properly about this, I'll be waiting. Until then, just consider my outlook."
And with that, she turned on her heel and approached the exit of Pop's.

Betty sank to her seat and closed her eyes tightly, resisting the already built up tears.
Not again, she thought. I'm not weak.
Jughead pulled her closer to him and wrapped his arms around her closing her in from all possible hurt and pain she could receive that would possibly make her feel worse than she already did.

He kissed her forehead, indicating that she wasn't alone, and he was there with her, to protect and stay with her. She looked up at him and her lips drew up into a weak smile.
"Are you okay?" He asked, full of concern. He knew it was a stupid question, but it was one worth asking.
Her smile only grew wider.
"I am now, Jug. But I can't go back to that house tonight." She shook her head, the thought of her mother's outrage spinning violently in her head until she felt dizzy.

"You don't have to," he assured her, "you can stay with me tonight, okay?" He looked deep into her eyes, trying to find some source of calmness.

She just nodded her head, thankful for his offer. Jughead hoped he had rid her from at least some of her pain. No one should feel that way, especially the girl he loved, the girl who deserved the world, the girl whose smile could light a thousand people's day, a caring, compassionate, beautiful and smart girl.

Betty Cooper, who just deserved to be happy.

A/N
Hey guys! Im back! I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever, I had major writer's block and lost a lot of inspiration for this story. But I think I'm going to continue as I'm feeling a little more creative and schools almost out for summer so, yeah. Please let me know if you're enjoying the story or if you want me to continue it etc...
also any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again for all the support!!❤️

~author❤️