Chapter 9 - Deceit

"What are you talking about?!" (Y/N) yelled while struggling to stay on her feet.

"All in good time, now, let's go home. I know someone who is dying to see you." the man held out his hand.

(Y/N) raised her eyebrow at him "Uh, yeah I'm not gonna go with you Mr-I'm-so-cool-I-need-to-speak-in-riddles"

This earned a giggle from the girl behind her "So that's where he got it from" she whispered to herself.

"Now" (Y/N) said cracking her knuckles "You have about 10 seconds to explain to me what you are talking about. Since you seem to know so much about me I must ask" She approached the man "Are you the reason I can't remember anything?"

The man started laughing hysterically.

"It's so amusing to see you acting so brave. If you knew the truth you wouldn't be."

"Then please do enlighten me" she said in a mockingly polite tone while doing a curtsey.

"The right key can open any door" he chuckled but was interrupted by (Y/N)'s fist sending him across the field.

She rubbed her knuckles "Again with the goddamn riddles" she sighed looking at how far he flew and then shrugged "Worth it."

The blonde took her hands "(Y/N) you won't have much time, you have to return before he comes back!"

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine, I'm already, you know, dead." she laughed " Besides, he doesn't belong here so he will disappear soon"

"Ok, thank you for everything. Even though I couldn't find my memories I really do appreciate your help " (Y/N) smiled.

Suddenly the girl hugged her.
"I'm so happy he found you.. Please take care of each other" the girl whispered.

She pulled away and eyed her suspiciously. "What's your name?.."

The girl smiled "Elaine"

(Y/N) opened her mouth to say something but then Gowther appeared and grabbed her arm
"Time to go"

"W-Wait I -"

-----------

Gowther opened his eyes again and not long after that (Y/N) bolted up gasping for air.

Ban immediately rushed to her side and rubbed her back.

"Are you ok? What happened?"

She waved him off and stood up.

"(Y/N)?" the fox asked concerned

"I need to go lie down" she mumbled and walked off.

-----------

Everyone but (Y/N) was downstairs drinking while Gowther explained what he had seen.

"So she met Elaine?.." Ban asked looking down at his drink.

"Yes. But from what I could read from her there was no ill will between them. She was just shocked and upset that I had taken her back before she could talk more to her." Gowther assured.

Melodias chimed in "Yeah, she never hated Elaine or anything, so don't worry" he patted the fox's back

King looked at Gowther confused "But wait, if her memories are somewhere else, how come you knew about her past?"