Chapter 29 - Back again.

Guess who sprained her foot badly and needs to walk around with crutches! Yup! 

Happy to be back and I am so excited to continue writing! I noticed that this book has reached 26k reads and I am just speechless. Thank you guys so so much! <3

I also wanted to quickly mention about the change of font from now on.
It started to bother me to have the dialogue in cursive since I kept confusing it with thought dialogues or yelling/emphasizing. So I am changing that.

However, I won't be re-editing my previous chapters because, honestly, I don't know if I will lose the comments from you guys by doing that and your comments make me so happy.

(P.S. I've just completed my Ban x Reader book - The treasure beneath your chest. Check it out!<3)

–––––

"I am declaring war." 

Ban stared at what once was his beloved fiance as her eyes held darkness he had never seen before.

"(Y-Y/N)." He cupped her face and made her look at him. But she only stared at him with no emotion.

"No. No no no, don't do this! You can't do this to me! (Y/N) please! I can't lose you again!" he yelled as tears fell from his eyes. 

"Then come with me, Ban." she smiled. 

This made him shudder, but not in the familiar comforting way. Her smile meant nothing to him when it was accompanied by those frighteningly empty eyes.

"(Y/N). Whatever it is you're thinking, don't. I can't... I can't go with you if you cross that bridge... I love you... You'd never do this. I know you're hurt–"

She moved away from him and he watched helplessly as the shadows surrounded her. 

"Then all I ask is that you don't stand in my way." 

"(Y/N)!" he rushed forward to catch her but ended up watching his lonely embrace.

She was gone.

Everyone sat there speechless while Elizabeth explained the message she had received.
Meliodas watched Ban intently as he comforted his children. The adults didn't want to lie to them, but they couldn't tell them the truth either. So they settled by saying that they were going to save their mom from some bad people. And it wasn't a complete lie.

Merlin listened carefully with a deep frown, trying to figure out (Y/N)'s plan in all of this. 

How would she achieve her revenge against the goddesses alone? She was also aware that (Y/N) knew for a fact that none of the sins would support her decision. 

So where would she go in order to succeed in her mission?

She would need–

"Captain?" she started, getting everyone's attention. 

That had to be it. 

The question wasn't where she was going.

But when.

"Where did you hide the Dragon Handle?"