Chapter 13 - My turn

After assuring everyone for about the hundredth time that she was fine (Y/N) told them that she would go on a walk around the kingdom.
They protested at this but she assured them, once again, that she was alright and that she couldn't stand being cooped up inside anymore. Besides, she wanted to go see Merlin.

They agreed but only if someone came with her. Elizabeth and Diane volunteered, saying they could make this a girls day out. She eventually agreed to their terms and they took off.

As they walked around town (Y/N) looked around to see how much they had managed to do in just a few days when it came to restoring the kingdom.

Once they reached Merlin's temporary residence she knocked on the door before entering.
Merlin was focused on something else as she held up a finger without looking at them, telling them to wait a second.

Once Merlin was done she got up to greet the visitors and once she saw (Y/N)she was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

She hugged back and neither women said a word for a long time until Merlin broke the hug.

"Wow you've aged" she gasped.

"Don't be a hypocrite you old bat" (Y/N) chuckled.

Diane laughed while Elizabeth looked confused at the two women's interaction.

"They've always been like this" Diane giggled "they have this sister banter/mother daughter bond". Elizabeth smiled warmly at the thought of them all being like a family.

---------
 (Y/N) ended up enjoying the day with the girls as they were helping around the kingdom and then was invited for tea. Afterwards Merlin went back to her research and the others made their way back to the tavern.
Once they were back (Y/N) agreed to spend more time with them where they would sit outside and talk. 

While Diane and Elizabeth made a fire (Y/N) went to check on Ban. Gowther was sitting and discussing with Hawk in the tavern and when she asked where the other guys were he only told her to look for herself.
She went upstairs and then quickly returned to the girls and told them to follow her.

They hurried upstairs and she gestured for them to be quiet as they snuck into (Y/N) and Ban's room. They looked at Ban who was still sleeping, but he was cuddling Meliodas and King.
They guessed that King and the captain had been drinking and then went to check on Ban only to be caught in a hug until they eventually gave up and fell asleep.

Elizabeth and Diane awe'd at the scene  while (Y/N) mentally smirked at how she was never going to let Ban live this down. The ladies decided to let them sleep and went outside to set up the fire.

Once they were done they sat and talked where (Y/N) and Diane shared stories with Elizabeth of the times they worked together, while she in return told them about herself and her upbringing.
She went quiet after speaking about her mother and looked sheepishly at (Y/N).

 (Y/N) patted her on the shoulder while taking a sip from her liquor.
"It's okay to miss someone Ellie, you don't have to be quiet about it on my behalf." 

"What about your mother (Y/N)?" she asked.

"Yeah! You've actually never talked about your parents before" Diane chimed in.

"There isn't much to say." she said chugging the rest of her drink and threw the bottle away.

"Oh come on! You barely say anything about yourself, even back then" Diane whined.

"Because there's nothing to say. I don't know where she is. And frankly, if I did" she looked straight at the girls "I would kill her."