Chapter 4 - Truce

"No. Way. In. Hell." (Y/N) glared at the blonde

"Oh come on! It's no more revealing than your outfit, not that I'm complaining" Meliodas grinned while being held up against the wall.

"It's PINK!"

"It will look cute I promise!" he responded while making a grabbing motion wich earned him a ticket out the window.

"Tch. I'm the one making favors here and he's trying to get me to wear that-" (Y/N) glanced over at Elizabeth examining herself with the tavern outfit on.

"Sorry Ellie, I didn't mean it like that, you look cute in it, it's just never been my style" (Y/N) patted the princess' head which made her blush. Only her sister called her Ellie.

"I-It's okay.. By the way, I've meant to ask you something"

"Shoot"

"It's kind of awkward not to know your name so I was wondering.. I-I mean it's okay if you don't want to, I can always motion to you, or wave or maybe tap you on the shoulder-"

(Y/N) doubled over laughing at how easily embarrassed the princess was.

"Oh God I haven't had a laugh like that in forever" (Y/N) said trying to regain her normal breathing.

"I'm glad I could help!" Elizabeth said smiling.

(Y/N) looked at her for a while until she patted the princess' head once more.

"(Y/N)."

This revelation got all the sins attention.

"W-What? Really?.. How come?--"

(Y/N) shrugged.
"I don't know. Just something about you I suppose that reminds me of something"

(Y/N) turned her head and noticed Ban staring at her with a slight frown as if he was pondering something.

"What?" she snorted, which made him look away and leave to prepare everyone's dinner.

-Timeskip-

After dinner, Meliodas had let everyone know that the trip to the next town would take at least 2 weeks since they had to go a longer way around because of the holy knights being spread out.

Ban had protested at this, saying it would be quicker if they just fought them, in which (Y/N) disagreed and said it's a better strategy to travel as unnoticed as possible. Fights would only draw too much attention to them. Everyone else agreed, also not wanting to kill more people than necessary.

This caused another bickering between (Y/N) and the fox which earned them both a time out on opposite sides of the tavern.

Tired of sitting indoors (Y/N) grabbed a bottle of strong liquor and made her way outside the Boar Hat and sat herself down out on the back. She let her feet dangle in the air as she enjoyed the view from Mama's height.

"Yooo Captain! Another onee" Ban said shaking the empty bottle in Meliodas' face.

"Sure, sure" he laughed and got the greedy fox another ale.

"Why does it bother meee Captain?"

"Your alcoholism?"

"No nooo" Ban giggled "got that under control" he lifted his head to meet the Captains eyes

"That (Y/N) girl.. she dislikes me.. Whyyy does it bother me?" Ban complained, letting his head rest on the bars surface.

"I wouldn't know" Meliodas laughed "I honestly can't think of a way that you could have offended her for her to dislike you to this extent"