"Wolves?" (Zootopia)

Hey, dear readers. Welcome to the first chapter of "Fandom Discussions, Theories, and Questions."

Today's topic will be in the Zootopia fandom -- one of my new favorites -- concerning a certain scene that's had me scratching my head a bit. 

If you haven't watched Zootopia in a while, here's the scene of what I'm asking (above). Watch it before answering. I hope you enjoy.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Wolves?": My Question:

What do you think as to Bonnie Hopps' reaction when her mate added Wolves to the list of predators whom rabbits needed to be frightened of -- as if that was the craziest thing she had ever heard? What did her reaction mean? Why was she having it? What was it about "Wolves" that she was skeptical about?

I noticed her reaction was incredulous when he said "Wolves" but she only looked at him oddly when he said "bears" and "lions," looked very unamused when he said "weasels", since he plays cribbage with one, but the only species she ever actually fully 110% agreed with Stu was concerning the Foxes. The wolves, however, were the only species that she not only questioned, but had a full-blown facial reaction to it.

Sorry for the random, out of the blue question, but I had this question in my mind just recently. My mind brought me back to the scene of whereafter Judy says: 

"We've got nothing to fear but fear itself." 

And Stu quickly adds, "And bears. We've got bears to be scared of too. Not to mention lions, wolves, weasels -- and foxes are the worst!" 

But my brain -- being what it is -- backtracked the scene until it hit Bonnie's reaction to Stu mentioning "wolves". Concerning that part of the conversation, she was incredulous, while she was neutral and looking at him oddly when he said, "bears and lions," then she was unamused and annoyed and told him that he plays cribbage with one when he mentions weasels, but then she 110% agrees with him when he mentions foxes last. But the one she had the most reaction to was concerning wolves, and even said, "Wolves?" with an incredulous expression. 

So that made me think, "Why? What sets wolves apart from the others that she would make such an expression? She could've done it with bears and lions along with wolves, but she only did and said that expression with the wolves . . . why?"

My Theory/Headcanon:

I have a theory/headcanon. They might be a bit (or a lot) far-fetched, but hear me out.

Here are three variations of this theoried headcanon:

1) Bonnie had a friend in high school that was wolf, and both of them both had a thing for each other, but because of the mindset of Bunnyburrow, they decided to just stay friends, and then the Wolf intimidated Stu to make sure that he was right for Bonnie, and, Stu being Stu, added wolves as one of the creatures that can never be trusted because they're predators! And then her friend/more-than-friend leaves Bunnyburrow to live somewhere where predators are given a chance in life.

2) Bonnie had a friend in high school that was a wolf, but they were only friends. However, the stigma against predators forced them to part as friends. And her friend was forced to leave Bunnyburrow to find somewhere else to live where there isn't prejudice against predators.

3) She's never had problems with wolves and the Hopps family has had neighbors in the past who were wolves and were very polite and trustworthy.

Now, that being said, it could just be that there are no wolves in Bunnyburrow for them to be afraid of, so she was being incredulous that Stu added wolves to the list when there weren't any wolves to mess with in Bunnyburrow. You know, something boring like that. lol XD

What do you think? What's your theory on this?

Thank you so much for reading this and I hope you enjoy the upcoming articles.

Long Live the Night!

- Noctus Fury

<><><><><><><><><><>

Word Count: 675 words

<><><><><><><><><><>

Date Published: 05/18/18