The Golden Man

Shivaay Singh Oberoi lay on bed with the business magazines strewn on the floor. He had been habituated to read his name on the front page of these magazines but for the past three years this woman called Annika had been snatching away these from him. His business was going down in dumps. From being the owner of a company worth ₹67000 crore his company's market value had dropped down to ₹1000 crore. Everything was just falling out of place😑😐. This didn't bode well with SSO. He had been the unstoppable No.1 and he wished to regain that position. But how ? He had run out of ideas and looking at the way his business was falling , many companies which had promised to work with him in the near future weren't very keen to meet him now. Things were very grim indeed. As he sat there with frown on his face , a little girl came hopping to him, and promptly sat down on his lap and kissed him on the cheek and said 'Good Morning SSO'💖. Immediately SSO's frown was replaced with a beam. Mri short for Mrinalini, was his best source of happiness. Her innocence, her small hands which held his little finger and cute chirpy voice. Mri was his little baby sister. But she wasn't born to his mother , he had adopted her. A deed which none of family members had supported except his cousin Omkara. His family believed in blood and lineage and Mri had none. But he had gone against his family and given her the love of a big brother and a father. He had found her on the steps of a temple, where she was sleeping. He still remembered that day , the heat was extreme on that day of May, and he had always been sensitive to heat strokes. And that's what had happened , as he climbed down the stairs he fainted and would have tumbled down and hit himself hard on the head had Mri not saved him by holding his coat and his hand as tightly as she could and screaming for help at the top of her little gentle voice.After that he met her every day and one thing led to the other and he decided to adopt her as his sister.And since then she had lived at the Oberoi Mansion and been the biggest support to him in his worst of days. Though just 9 years old she was extremely sharp and funny , and had a long list of words which made no sense to him. So SSO said Mri, 'Why are you so upset in the morning and frowning at this pretty lady here'. This pretty lady has taken my awards that's why sighed Shivaay and also because she is richer😂 Mri put on a serious face and said 'Why dont you marry her , that way she will give you all her money won't she' , Shivaay laughed but stopped suddenly as an idea struck him, not life partners as he would never fall in love with a stone like her but business partners might save his sinking ship. If he could ask her to co own this company it would work wonders for him. Why hadn't he thought of this before . He hugged Mri tightly and said 'You are definitely my little ray of sunshine' and tickled her and both of them laughed merrily.
Mri said ' SSO come down now, Om uncle and Ishana aunty have come by' . SSO got up from his bed and said 'I will be down in five minutes,.
Shivaay came down wearing a black three piece suit , looking carelessly handsome and smart.He hugged Om and and shook Ishana's hand. Om smiled and said ' Ishana and I have

decided to get married and thought of sharing it with you first'. Shivaay gasped and exclaimed ' Well, that's wonderful!! But have Bade Papa and Jhanvi Ma agreed to this ? Om gave him a shifty look and said 'That's where the problem lies. I was kind of counting on you to get me out of this mess and talk to him. We are coming here for our annual get together this month aren't we? So you could talk to them during these 6 months that we will be here. Please Shivaay , don't say No to me.
Shivaay looked at him with a steady gaze and said finally, 'Om I have never refused you anything , and Ishana is a nice girl , I will do my best. And you aren't coming this month , you are coming tomorrow. Now I am getting late for work, so if you will excuse me😊
Shivaay called for Khanna , his faithful man Friday and also the security incharge of the Oberoi Mansion.
Yes Sir said Khanna
'I want you to fix a long meeting with Annika Mehrotra as soon as possible.And get me every information about her that you can find about her business deals. I would like to have the file ready by tomorrow. Am I clear? said Shivaay
'Yes Sir, but the meeting can take some time , if my sources are to be believed, Annika Mehrotra's meetings have to be given a two week prior notice , so we will have to wait for a fortnight at the very least to get the meeting'
said Khanna
Fine but I want a meeting said Shivaay
With that he put on his glares , kissed Mri goodbye and went to work

Little did he know that this meeting would change his entire life's direction.