Friends , Maybe?

It was past midnight and Shivaay was still working at Annika's apartment. He had looked after everything and tomorrow he could finally prove to Annika Mehrotra that he was worth the 1000 crore she had invested on him. As he looked at the final touches, Annika came up
to him and said in her usual crisp voice Mr.Oberoi, it's quite late.
And you have been working from a long time. Maybe you should go home now. After all you have to come here early in the morning as well to attend the puja and also to settle all matters with the priest'
Shivaay said 'Fine Ms.Mehortra. I have completed everything here anyway. Goodnight'
As he went home and slept peacefully Annika lay awake deep in her thoughts. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was indeed a hard worker and her interaction with Mri had taught her that Shivaay loved Mri like mad. She wished that Shivaay could just extend his business and never be short of money. Otherwise he would push Mri into darkness again. Mri was such a beautiful child. Annika found herself in that little girl. As every thought whirled in her head she fell asleep.
Annika woke up. And for the first time she realised she had had a good nights sleep. She wondered what had happened that made her sleep so peacefully. She want to get dressed. Since it was a puja she had decided to wear a traditional attire. But it had been a long time since she had adorned a saree. She hunted in her wardrobe and found a periwinkle blue shaded one. She held it in front of her and looked at the mirror to see how she would look. She found the effect pretty good and went to get ready. Within a few minutes she was ready. Her turquoise danglers with blue and silver bangles completed her look. She had left her hair open today. Indeed she looked stunning.
She heard the door bell ring and heard Arjun get it. She heard Shivaays familiar voice and went down in the hall. The priest had accompanied Shivaay and was setting up the place where he would perform the rituals.
Shivaay looked at Annika and blinked hard. He couldn't believe how someone so cold could look so beautiful. She looked like a princess from a fairy tale. Shivaay approached her and said 'Ms.Mehrotra if I might be so bold as to speak, you look stunning'
Annika gave him a small smile and said 'Thank You Mr. Oberoi. Have you made sure everything is in place. Mr.Sharma and his family will be here any moment.'
Shivaay said 'Ms.Mehrotra , just relax . You have put your faith in good hands.'
Within the next half hour The Sharma's had arrived. They looked at the place and said 'You have a beautiful place Ms.Mehrotra'
Annika smiled , shook hands with Mr.Sharma and gave Abhimanyu a small hug. Shivaay frowned a bit at the hug but quickly changed his expression.
Mr.Sharma said 'Ms.Mehrotra could you get the five that contains our contract. Let's just place it at god's feet'
Annika nodded and went upstairs to get it. As she was going down her earring came off and she bent down to get it when she heard a sound which was unmistakably for a tear. Her blouse had torn and the Sharma's were beckoning her to come down quickly. Annika was so embarrassed and went clammy. Suddenly she felt a hand taking one end of her sarees pleat and taking out  the safety pin which had held the pleats in place and wrapping it around her shoulders and pining it on her side. All this happened in just a matter of few seconds. Annika looked behind and saw Shivaay. He said 'I told you , you have put your faith in good hands. Now please hurry the Sharma's are waiting'
Annika went and all through the puja her mind wandered at what Shivaay had done for her. That was twice he had saved her from getting humiliated and hurt. And never had he tried to show it to her that he was her saviour. She glanced at Shivaay who was sitting in front of her.
The puja ended and so did the lunch. The Sharma's were happy with all the arrangements and Mr.Sharma said 'It was a great day Ms.Mehrotra. Thank you.' And they left.
Shivaay was about to leave when Annika said 'Mr.Oberoi , Just a minute. I need to talk to you'
Shivaay stopped in his tracks and sat down on the sofa. He asked 'Yes Ms.Mehrotra'
Annika said 'Mr.Oberoi, the arrangements were perfect' she paused.
Shivaay got up to leave and said 'Is that all?'
Annika said 'No , I have something else to say too'
Shivaay signalled her to go on
Annika continued said 'Over the last two days you have helped me a lot. Not just what you did for the arrangements but what you did for me personally. You saved me from getting hurt and you prevented me from getting embarrassed. It really means a lot. I appreciate it. Thank you very much. And also what you do for Mri is incredible. You are good man Mr.Oberoi. And I have decided, if it's okay with you that we will refer to each other by our first names. So is it okay with you .? Shivaay'
Shivaay was a bit stunned by Annika's demure. He said 'Well I can't say I am not touched. Thank you for appreciating me. An...Annika'
Both smiled and Shivaay put his hand forward and said 'You owe me a handshake from our first meeting'
Annika laughed and shook his hand and saw him leave.

While Annika was really and truly happy for the first time in her life , someone in the other part of the country was plotting against her. As her mother had said 'Secrets never really remain secrets'
Will Annika and Shivaays friendship get over before it even started.

Yes , today I did a double update of my FF. I would really appreciate it if you would comment and vote if you like this part. Thank you ♥️