I Wish

Shivaay took one last look at his room and called for Mri. Mri came and said 'I heard your voice down in the hall. You seemed angry. What happened SSO ?'
Shivaay said 'Mri we have to leave this place. We can't live here anymore.'
Mri was astonished and said 'But why ?'
Shivaay said 'Because Tej Singh Oberoi and Tia Mullick are the reason why your Nika tried to commit suicide. I can't stay under the same roof as them anymore.'
Mri gasped and said 'They don't like Nika?'
Shivaay said 'No they don't.'
'Where will we live then SSO?' asked Mri
Shivaay said 'I have a farmhouse a little away from here.'
Mri nodded and held his hand abd they went down. Om had come and he stopped Shivaay and said 'You can't leave Shivaay. You just can't .'
Shivaay put a hand on his face and said 'Om take care of my mom and dad. Give my love to Ishana. And I am really sorry that I couldn't speak to Mr.Oberoi about your wedding.'
Om said 'Why do you have to go ? I know dad can be unreasonable at times but both of us can solve everything.'
Shivaay said 'I am sorry Om but this time the damage is too huge. I will be at my farmhouse so you can meet me anytime you want.'
Om said 'But'
Shivaay said 'Goodbye'
Shivaay drove and on his way thought of all that he had said to Tej and Tia. Anger swelled inside him at the thought that they tried to harm Annika. And then he remembered he said Annika meant everything to him when Tia asked him. Why had he said so ? Was he falling for Annika. Was he actually starting to care for that lady whom he had thought was a stone?
Then his phone rang and he saw Khanna calling him. He picked up and Khanna told him that the farmhouse he was leaving for was under renovation because the storm the week before had affected it badly and it would take at least a week to be fit to use. Shivaay couldn't believe his bad luck. He was cursing under his breath when he saw Arjun's name flashing on his screen. He picked up and heard Arjun telling him that Annika wanted the wedding preparations to begin and end by this week it self. Shivaay found a sinking feeling in his heart and thought 'A week? That's like now. I can't believe she is getting married. But why do I want her not to get married? What is happening to me?
Then another idea struck him , if he had prepare for the wedding he could Annika to let him and Mri stay at her place for the time being. He drove towards Annika's place and rang her bell. She opened the door and was shocked to see him with luggage and Mri. Shivaay said 'Umm Annika, I have a little sticky situation. I am kind of thrown out of my house and I would like to seek shelter at your place for a week till my farmhouse is ready. And anyway since I have to manage your wedding preparations, it wouldn't be that bad a idea.'

Annika gulped down a lump and said 'Of course you are welcome here. Come on in. She led the way and showed Shivaay and Mri the guest room. Mri went to the room and took out her toys to play , while Annika asked Shivaay to sit down on the couch. She said 'Would you like a cup of coffee?'
Shivaay said 'Sure.'
Annika poured him a cup and said 'So what happened at your place ?'
Shivaay said 'I had a fall out with my uncle and Tia.
Annika said 'That sounds quite unlike you . What happened?'
Shivaay said 'They said a few things and I answered back. One thing led to another and then eventually I found myself out of my house.'
Annika said 'You can't lie to me. It wasn't just a few things that he said , was it ? Tell me the whole story.'
Shivaay sighed and said 'Well if you must know. Mr.Oberoi called you names. They said you are a dirty person. And also they were the ones behind that whole video drama at the award ceremony. I couldn't hear about you anymore so I shouted and then I left the house.' He then narrated the whole incident but left out the part where he said Annika meant everything to him.
Annika didn't say anything for a long time and then whispered 'You left your house for me.'
Shivaay didn't meet her eyes and said 'Yes I did.'
Annika said 'All through these years I have never had anyone who stood up for me. But you,you spoke up for me at that ceremony in front of so many people. Then you left your house because your family insulted me. Why ? Why did you do these things for me? What am I to you ?'
Shivaay couldn't speak and after some moments of awkward silence 'I wish I knew what you were to me.'
Annika didn't answer , instead she said 'I knew Tia was behind all this . I know her from my school days. We never liked each other much. Then when I came into the business world I met her father. He was a fraud. So I put him in the lock up. Ever since then she has been vowing revenge from me. Remember the day Mri almost drowned in the pool? She threatened me that day, that she would destroy me.' Annika then told him , her whole tale of becoming Annika Mehrotra from Annika. Shivaay listened, he smiled at some portions of the story and teared up at some parts . Annika completed her story and then asked him 'But what made you so sure that I didn't do what my mother did for a living before I became a businesswoman, that you answered back Tia ?'

Shivaay said 'I don't know. I just knew that you would have found a better solution to your problems. I thought that after you knew what your mother did to sustain your lives , you wouldn't have gone the same way. But why didn't you tell me about Tia before. I could have stopped all this that day itself.'

Annika said 'I didn't know whether you will trust me or not.'

Shivaay said 'If there is one person whom I can trust blindly , that would be you Annika.'
Annika closed her eyes at his words and said again 'Why is it so?'
Shivaay said 'I wish I knew.'
Annika and Shivaay looked at each other. Their eyes read what they wanted to say but couldn't . They wanted to reach it to each other but stopped themselves. Thousands of emotions were rushing into their body but they just couldn't get it out of themselves.

I know it wasn't as great a chapter. I am sorry for that. But I still hope you like some parts of it. Do drop in your comments, it would mean a lot. I wouldn't mind criticism too. Do vote if you liked this part. Next part would be definitely better I promise. Lots of love.