I Trust You

Everyone in the room was stunned. Shivaay was shocked and couldn't speak a word. Annika broke the silence with her crisp and curt voice which was missing for days now. She said 'Inspector , what do you mean by harassing this lady.'
The stranger lady cried out and said 'I'll tell you what it means. It means he slept with me in the pretext of marrying me two months back. Now I am going to have his child and he was nowhere to be found. I want justice and I shall have it.'
Annika turned to Shivaay and asked him 'Are the allegations made by this lady here true Shivaay.?'
The lady interrupted and said 'If I am here to validate this story why on earth do you have to ask him. Inspector , please arrest him.'
Annika raised her and and stopped the lady from screaming. Her eyes were just fixed on Shivaay and she asked again 'Is this true Shivaay ?'
Shivaay said 'No , it's not. I have never seen this woman in my entire life. She is making up things against me.'
Annika said 'Look into my eyes and tell me it's not true. Shivaay looked into her eyes and said 'This is a false allegation Annika .'
Annika turned back to the inspector and said 'If Shivaay says it's not true then it isn't.'

The inspector said 'We will have to go to the court to settle this.'
Annika said 'The court demands proof I guess. And apart from this lady's statement you don't have any proof.'
The lady smirked and said 'I have a proof and it is enough to prove Shivaay Singh Oberoi wrong .'
She fished out a mobile from her purse and played a video. She and Shivaay were having an intimate moment in that video. She said 'So , Miss Annika Mehrotra, is this enough.?'
Annika said 'I don't believe this. I trust Shivaay and I know he is telling the truth.'
Mr.Sharms intervened and said 'Annika, why are you supporting a man who is wrong. The video is enough proof.'
Annika said 'This man here saved my life , he stood up for me and has been a best friend to me. Videos can be fabricated but I have full faith in his words. Mr.Sharma , just give me some time and I will show it to you that Shivaay is right. Consider this like a business deal I have to crack and trust me I never place my bets on stocks that will never rise.'

She said to the inspector 'Before going to the court I would like to call my lawyer , doctor and a techie.'
The inspector said 'Why?'
She said 'My doctor will get a DNA test done and the techie will check this video. After that if I am proven wrong I will happily go to court and fight this case.'
The lady said 'Or you could leave all this and do an out of court settlement. I will name a price and you could give it to me and we will leave this matter here.'
Annika smiled 'Oh No.  We will do this my way.'
She called her doctor , lawyer and her techie. They all arrived and the investigation began. The blood samples were taken and sent to the lab and on Annika's orders the results were to be hurried and given to her by midnight. Hours passed and both the doctor and the techie exclaimed at the same time 'It's a false allegation.'
The doctor said the DNA sequence didn't match and the techie explained how the video was a morphed one.
The lady stood embarrassed and Annika walked up to her and said 'What an easy way to earn money. Grab a target . Plant false accusations and then demand money from them. People like you disgust me. I don't know who sent you here but I know one thing that next time you come in front of Shivaay I swear I will make your life hell. And mark my words , Annika Mehrotra does what she says. Now get out of my house before I call the cops and get you arrested for forgery.'

They went and Shivaay came to Annika and said 'Could I talk to you for a moment. Alone?'
Annika said 'Just a minute Shivaay. Mr.Sharma we have all had a long day today and we need to prepare for the wedding too. So let's call it a night shall we?'
Mr.Sharma agreed. Abhimanyu gave Annika a goodbye hug and everyone left.
Annika said 'Shivaay , you wanted to say something.?'
Shivaay came and hugged her tightly. He held her like he was going to lose her if he let go. Annika hugged him back. They spent five blissful minutes and then Shivaay let go of the hug.They were standing really close to each other. Both could count the eyelashes of each other. They realised their proximity but neither of them moved an inch behind. Tears were streaking Annika's face. Shivaay came closer. Their nose touched and Shivaay gently kissed Annika's tears.Annika didn't resist.She just saw Shivaays face and traced the lines on his face looks lightly with her hands. They spent the entire night like that. Standing silently, one kissing the others tears away and one trying to memorise the others face by stroking it. At the crack of dawn Annika said with a heavy heart 'Shivaay , it's time for you to begin my  wedding preparations. I just wish we had met in some other world , in some other situation and some other time, that would have been nice. I am sorry.'
She turned away and went leaving Shivaay rooted on the spot , he just whispered as he saw her leaving  'I am sorry too.'

Really sorry for this late update. Was caught up with some work.Will do the others sooner I promise. Tell me your views on this chapter, will mean a lot to me and do vote. Lots of love.