A new Shade

Annika And Shivaay came back to their senses as Shivaay said 'Ouch'. Annika straightened herself and Shivaay looked at his hand which was bleeding profusely. The nail at the end of Annika's table had pricked him and it would have hurt Annika had he not been there. Annika looked at the bruise and said 'I have some first aid. Let me get it for you'. Her voice was so gentle and full of care that Shivaay was shocked. Annika realised that she let her guards fall off. She went back to her normal crisp self and said 'Here you are' and handed him an antiseptic and a band aid. As Shivaay tended himself he said 'So Ms.Mehrotra did you call me to save you from a nail prick or did you have some work?'
Annika looked at him coldly and said 'Mr.Oberoi, I would like you to organise a puja at my house. From the priest to the materials required for it , you are responsible. Also the lunch. And this should be done by day after tomorrow and it should be perfect. Mr Sharma and his family would be attending it so I don't want any complaints.'
Shivaay said 'By Mr.Sharma , you mean Mr.Rajesh Sharma'
Annika replied in a bored voice 'Yes and if you are done with your questions you might as well get on with your work. You are welcome to go to my house for any necessary requirements like measurements and all.'
Shivaay got up to leave and said 'I won't disappoint you Ms.Mehrotra'
As he was turning the handle on the door Annika said in a soft voice 'Mr.Oberoi , Thank you'
Shivaay smiled and left.
Annika let out a deep breath. Her face was feeling hot. She had turned crimson. What was the matter with her? She couldn't just take out the vision of her fall and Shivaay saving her from her mind. Annika said to herself 'Annika you aren't a teenage school girl. Get a grip on yourself' but as she said this she couldn't help but smile to herself.

Shivaay drove to Annika's apartment. As he drove he thought of Annika and her eyes when he saved her. He thought that though she looked extremely strong and tough , her eyes told a different story. There was fear and vulnerability in those beautiful orbs. And her gentle voice and the thanks she gave him told him that Annika was not what she showed the world. There was something more to her. Something that scares her and something that she wants protection against.
He reached Annika's place and got a call from Mri. He picked up and heard Mri saying 'SSO I am missing you. Where are you and when will you come?'
Shivaay said 'Mri I am out for some work. I will be back by evening'
Mri wailed and said 'Evening is a long time SSO. Can I come and see you , I promise I won't disturb you. Please'
Shivaay smiles at her cute pleas and said 'Fine you can come. Give the phone to our chauffeur and I will tell him where to drop you'
After thirty minutes Mri arrived and Shivaay picked her up and went inside Annika's house.

Shivaay placed Mri on the sofa and looked around. Arjun came forward to greet him and together they got to work.
They heard the door bell ring and before Shivaay could do anything Mri had promptly got up to open the door.
Annika and Mri looked at each other. Mri exclaimed in delight and said 'You are the lady who met me at the temple the other day. You didn't meet my brother that day , today you will see him.' Without further ado Mri took Annika's hand and took her in. Annika didn't say a word and just followed Mri. SSO And Arjun stood in the hall and Mri said 'That's my brother'
Annika knelt down and took Mri's hands. She said 'I know your brother well but I don't know you and I would love to know you. My name is Annika Mehrotra. You can call me Nika'
Mri said 'I am Mrinalini and everyone calls me Mri so I guess it won't be a problem if you call me that too'
Annika said 'Mri would you like to have something to eat and drink? I can cook some really fun stuff and I will show it to you too'
Mri beamed and said 'Yes Nika. I am really hungry'
Annika picked her up and went towards the kitchen and told Shivaay 'Don't worry, she is in safe hands'

Shivaay was absolutely taken aback. It was like seeing a whole new version of Annika Mehrotra. She was homely , sweet and happy. And the way she had picked up Mri ,with such tenderness and love. He was really surprised.
He thought 'Annika Mehrotra you really are unusual. Who are you?'

Do drop your comments and tell me how you found this part. And please vote'