Don't Die

Shivaay hailed a cab and got in with Annika in his arms. He looked at her slit wrist and tied his handkerchief around it to stop further blood loss.Annika's pulse was dropping and Shivaay kept patting her cheeks to keep her awake and kept telling her 'Annika, you can't leave me and go. I won't let you. You have to get up.'
Annika stirred a bit but again fell unconscious. Shivaay asked the cab driver to take them to the hospital faster. Shivaay was getting desperate and he hugged Annika like a baby. After half hour they reached the hospital. Shivaay pushed every one out of the way and called for the doctor. Seeing the commotion that Shivaay had created, some doctors came to him and told him to be silent. He said 'It's an emergency.You need to save her. Do something and do something fast.'
The doctors looked at Annika's pale face and understood that she had really very little time left if they didn't tend to her immediately.They took her in the emergency room and left Shivaay alone in the corridor. Shivaay saw nurses and doctors coming in and going out of the room. After fifteen minutes he caught hold of a doctor and asked him 'What's Annika's status? Will she be alright?'
The doctor said 'We are trying our best but there are chances that she won't make it.'
Shivaay roared in anger and said 'Do you know who she is? She is Annika Mehrotra. If she doesn't get alright I swear I will destroy all of you. You have to make her fine. Don't worry about the money. Just do what you have to and don't you dare give up on her.'
The doctor looked at Shivaay's mad eyes and left without saying anything else.
Shivaay said to himself 'Annika fight back. Annika please fight back. You can't do this to me.'
Shivaay was in tears now. He thought 'Now only one thing can help.'
He went towards the small temple created in the hospital and knelt in front of the idol. He folded his hands and begged to god to spare Annika's life. He begged to save her. Shivaay had never begged for anything before and as he  was praying hard a small voice in the back of his mind said 'Why Do you care so much for Annika ? Is it just for friendship and humanity?' Shivaay didn't pay heed to that voice. He didn't move from there for three hours and then the doctors came out and said 'Mr.Oberoi, Annika is out of danger but she is still unconscious.'
Shivaay cried not out of sorrow but out of relief. He couldn't believe his prayers were heard. He got up and and thanked the doctors and also apologised for his behaviour earlier and asked them 'When can I meet her ?'
The doctors replied 'We can't say right now. But it will take some time.'
Shivaay nodded and sat down on the chair and called Arjun. Arjun was on his way to the hospital as well. When Arjun reached , Shivaay briefed him about Annika's health. Arjun gave a sigh of relief and said 'Sir, if you weren't there today , ma'am wouldn't have been alright'
Shivaay said 'Arjun , listen. That voice recording has to be someone's conspiracy. I want you to find out who it was and also see if the Sharma's have an objection to this marriage now.'
Arjun said 'I am on it sir.'
He went and Shivaay thought 'Whoever did this to Annika will not be spared. People have seen my kindness, now they will face my wrath.'
Again the same voice in his head 'Why?'
Shivaay replied to that voice 'I don't know why. All I know that Annika deserves love and care and best things in the world. I know my feelings are more than friendship but I also know that she is getting married. I don't even know what she feels for me, but I know that till I am alive and I am with her I will not let any harm befall her. It's a promise I will make to myself.'
Shivaay put his head in his hands and sat. After some time Arjun called him and told him 'Sir , a girl called Tia and your uncle Tej Singh Oberoi were behind all this. I heard them talking and they are furious that you made that speech and saved Ms.Mehrotra.And Mr.Sharma said that he would never call of this marriage and was impressed by the way you dealt with the whole thing.But he also would want the pre marriage rituals to start soon.'
Shivaay hung up and was shocked , his family, his own family had gone against Annika. He thought this must be the deal that Bade papa was talking about.Well, I will settle things with him afterwards. Suddenly he heard the nurse say 'Are you Shivaay ?' He nodded and she said 'Annika is awake now and would like to meet you.'
Shivaay went in and saw Annika smiling weakly . She beckoned him to sit near her. Before Shivaay could say anything,Annika took his hands and said in a very subdued and weak voice 'Thank you Shivaay. You saved me yet again. And this time not just from humiliation but you saved my life too. I don't know what made me end my life. After hearing your speech I understood my true worth , I wanted to undo what I had done but it was too late. You are an like an angle Shivaay.'
Shivaay pressed a finger to her lips and then quickly pulled it away and said after an awkward silence, 'Don't say anything now.You are very weak. But today I understood why you gave me this job. You did it because Mri reminded you of your childhood and you wanted to protect her even though she meant nothing to you. Annika, you are a rare specimen and it was my duty to save you.'
Annika said 'Just Duty?'
Shivaay said 'Yes as an employee and a friend.'
Annika said 'Hmm.. I understand.'
After some minutes of silence Shivaay said 'Mr.Sharma would like the pre wedding rituals soon. So when you are well enough we will start with that.'
Annika said nothing but a tear slipped from her eyes. Shivaay got up to leave and said 'Take care Annika and next time don't even think of taking such a step. I will be here later.'
Shivaay went outside and shut the door and pressed his back to the closed door and took a deep breath. He thought 'What was the matter with me inside. Why was I so awkward? What's happening to me?'

Do drop your comments. Lots of love.