Stressed Out

"BABA!!!" Ruby yelled, toddling across the park to her JishJish with a bit of struggle but eventually making it, plopping down in front of him with a big grin.

"Hi, RuRu!!!" Josh exclaimed, picking her up and falling onto his back, lifting her up and down in the air.

Ruby giggled, clapping her hands like TyTy had taught her.

Tyler was grabbing all the picnic stuff from his car, having met Josh at the park since his husband was out running stands for him.

"Let me go help daddy," Josh said, seeing Tyler struggling to carry everything. He picked Ruby up and walked over to Tyler, taking a few things off his hands and kissing his lips. "Hey babe."

"Hi honey," Tyler said. He looked tired.

"Everything ok?"

"What? Yeah. Yeah," Tyler reassured him.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

Josh nodded, Tyler insist he set everything up while Josh played with Ruby on the playground.

"Slide down, RuRu! C'mon! You can do it!" Ruby grinned, drool running down her chin as she scooted to the point where she finally went down the slide, giggling as Josh caught her.

"Good job, RuRu!!!"

"Lunch is ready," Tyler called out a few minutes later.

"Oh wow, babe," Josh said as he sat down on the blanket. "This looks amazing."

Tyler just got Ruby's baby food out of the bag he had brought containing everything she could possibly need.

"You wanna feed her or do you want me to?" Tyler asked, looking up at Josh. His eyes looked absolutely exhausted.

"I'll feed her, baby," Josh said, taking the baby food. "You just relax."

Tyler nodded, eating his meal quietly.

"Are you sure you're okay, Ty?" Josh asked a few minutes later.

"It's just been a stressful day," Tyler said. "That's all."

"Aw, babe. Why's is been stressful?" Josh asked, Ruby holding onto his hand so she could lick the spoon he was holding clean.

"She didn't want to take a bath, she didn't want to get changed, she certainly didn't want me to brush her hair," Tyler said tiredly. "She threw the bowl on the ground at breakfast and it shattered everywhere. She then threw her juice on me while I was cleaning it up. I put her in time out but she kept getting up and breaking more things. She wouldn't stop hitting me while I was holding her when the delivery guy showed up at the door. She kept throwing stuff at me all the way here. I know I'm just being a whiney parent, but it's just been a long day," Tyler sighed, lying back on the ground and closing his eyes.

"You purposely broke a plate?" Josh asked Ruby. "And threw your juice on TyTy? And didn't listen to him and hit him? RuRu, that's not like you at all."

"I don't know what got into her today," Tyler said.

Ruby didn't really know what Josh was saying, so she just continued eating.

"I'm sorry she's been so much to handle today, babe," Josh said, leaning over and kissing Tyler's temple. "Do you want me to take her for the rest of my day while I keep running errands?"

Tyler shook his head. "She needs a nap. So do I."

Josh sighed but nodded. "Okay. Well just text me if you need me and I'll be home as soon as I can."

Tyler sighed and nodded.

About thirty minutes later, Tyler took Ruby home while Josh continued out and about.

He bought a big bouquet of flowers for Tyler and went home around 6:00, finding his husband totally sprawled out asleep on the bed they shared, Ruby sitting on his belly watching cartoons and eating banana slices since they felt good on her baby gums.

Josh picked her up and put her in her crib before returning to his and Tyler's room, setting the flowers on Tyler's bed side table and crawling into bed with him.

He kissed his head and held him closely. "Goodnight, baby. I love you so much. You're the most amazing daddy in the world."