Ice Cream Party

"What do you want for your birthday?" Josh asked.

"Hm..." Tyler hummed. He hadn't actually thought about that yet.

"Do you want like stuff or a vacation/activity type of thing?" His husband asked. "Or both. We can always do both."

"I know!" Tyler said with a wide smile. "I want an ice cream party."

"An ice cream party?"

"Mhm."

"You're 24."

"25 next week."

"You're not helping your case..."

Tyler just stared at him blankly.

"You know what? It's your birthday. We can do whatever you want. If you want an ice cream party, we'll do an ice cream party."

Tyler smiled widely.

"So do I just like go get a bunch of ice cream and stuff?"

Tyler nodded.

"I'm assuming you want me to invite people..."

"Nope," Tyler said, shaking his head. "Just me and you."

Josh chuckled softly. He should have known. Tyler loved his friends, but whenever he had the option, he always just wanted to be with Josh.

"What toppings are you gonna want?"

"Everything."

"Caramel, whipped cream, choclaote syrup...?"

"Candy, too."

"What kind of candy?"

"All."

"Alrighty then," Josh said. "I will throw you the best ice cream party ever."

***

Eight days later, it was Tyler's birthday.

He came home from work to find his entire kitchen filled with ice cream containers and candies and toppings.

"Oh wow, Jishwa," Tyler giggled. "Did you get one of every flavor?"

"Two, actually," Josh grinned, hugging Tyler and kissing his lips. "Happy birthday, my dear."

"Thank you, Joshua," Tyler hummed, kissing josh back.

"So, I thought we'd start out with these," Josh said, grabbing something from the freezer.

Tyler's eyes widened. "W-where did you get those?!"

"Cincinnati."

"That's three hours away!"

"Worth it!"

"How did you keep them cold?"

"I brought a cooler along."

Tyler sighed. His husband was unbelievable. But in a good way. A very good way.

"Do you want chocolate cookie or cotton candy?"

"Can we not just split one?" Tyler giggled. "I won't be able to finish one on my own."

Josh nodded. "Which one?"

"Hm.... the cookie one."

"Good choice, TyTy."

So the boys split the shake, Tyler snuggling up against Josh's chest as his husband leaned against the counter.

"This is all I've ever really wanted in life, Jishwa."

"What is?"

"Eating ice cream, being married to the most amazing person to ever walk the earth, snuggling."

Josh grinned as kissed the top of Tyler's head. "I loooooooove you."

"I loooooove you too."

The boys finished their shake, moving on to the actual ice cream itself.

It turns out they would've been good with just one container, maybe two.

Not 64.

But oh, well. The boys just had ice cream for dessert every night for the next eight months.