Chapter 6

As they travelled through Aaa, Fionna was fascinated by the different places Marshall took her to.

He took her to a party in the cloud kindgom. They pulled pranks on Breakfast Prince. They stopped to get red berries for Marshall at Wild Berry Kingdom.

Tonight they were sitting in a meadow gazing at the stars.

Marshall Lee was humming Counting Stars, by One Republic while Fionna was deep in thought.

Over the last few days, Fionna felt like she experienced amazing adventures like those she read about in The Odyssey and Gulliver's Travels. And it was all thanks to Marshall Lee.

But she then remembered the axe she saw and what happened at the Ice Kingdom, and kept the knife she got from Marshall's kitchen to use against him if he tried anything.

Because if there's anything she learned from these stories is that travelivng through the unknown can also bring trouble.

***
Later that week, they went to a gathering in the forest.

Marshall Lee went on stage with the axe. When he told Fionna to join him, Fionna became nervous. Was Marshall going to chop her up in front of all these people?

But instead he said, "This is a song I wrote about a special girl I know." Then he started strumming the axe, which Fionna now realized was a guitar.

"Good little girl,

Always picking a fight with me,

You know that I'm bad.

Yet you're spending the night with me.

What do you want, from my world?

You're a good little girl."

Then he signaled Fionna to sing and she did, relaxing.

"Bad little boy,

If that what you're acting like,

But I really don't buy,

That you're that kind of guy,

And if you are,

Why do you want to hang out with me?"

"Don't you know I'm a villain?" Marshall sang. "Every night I'm out killing. Sending everyone inside running like children.

Girl I know why you're mad at me.

I got demon eyes looking right into you're anatomy.

Into your deepest fears,

Baby I'm not from here.

I'm from the Nightosphere.

To me you're clear, transparent.

I know you have a thing for me girl.

It's apparent."

When the song was finished, the audience cheered.

***

"So you use that axe to make music?" Fionna asked.

"Originally it was a weapon given to me by my mom," Marshall explained, "But then I converted it into a base."

"You know it's funny," Fionna said. "I thought-"

But then one of the partygoers bumped into her and the knife fell out of the satchel.

Marshall picked it up and looked surprised.

"Why do you have this?" Marshall asked Fionna suspiciously.

"I thought you were planning to kill me," Fionna muttered.

"What?" Marshall said infuriated.

"Well, I saw the axe," Fionna started. "And I thought you were taking me to all these places to gain my trust so you could kill me in the woods later."

"Are you serious?" he said with his eyes turning red. Then he turned on her. "Am I a monster to you? Are you afraid of me?"

"S-stay back," Fionna said nervously.

"Are you?" Marshall demanded with his fangs showing. In the panic of the moment, Fionna grabbed the knife and slashed him across the face. Then he got really mad and picked her up.

"What are you going to do to me?" Fionna asked scared.

But Marshall only sang, "Did you think I was lying? I said I'm evil without even trying. I'm already dead so I'm not scared of dying... Bad little boy, I'm bad, but not little."

"Marshall," Fionna cried as he raised her into the night sky. But then he saw something and put her down.

"Marshall," Fionna said worried.

"Trouble ahead," Marshall muttered putting Fionna behind him.

"What," Fionna said confused.

Suddenly, a flaming boy appeared in front of them.