y o o n g i | THE BOSS

THE BOSS

working as an accountant, is not an easy task. especially with a big corporation who ventures into a lot of branches-- restaurants, hotels, resorts, casinos and automobiles. but being a diligent worker, it is your principe to finish your work as early as possible to avoid mistakes or confusions especially nearing it's due date.

"have you finished the financial report for the restaurant in the southern area for the month of march? i need to look at the report, as referance." your co-worker slashed your best friend, aeri, asked who was busy tallying the accounts, in the cubicle next to yours.

"yes, i did completed it this morning." you answered while searching for the file on your desks. once you found the thick file, you handed it to her.

"thank you! you're a life saver."

"is there anything i can help?" you asked her.

"actually, i am not sure about this part. can you help me tally? i'm afraid i might miscalculated it." you nodded as you grab the paper from her hand, before searching for a calculator in your desk's drawer. you began scanning the document, as soon as you get hold on the calculator and began calculating. while you were concentrating, on the task, you heard your next door cubicle neighbour gave out a long sighed.

"how could he give us this amount of work for such a short time?" aeri whined, but still concentrating on calculating and typing on her keyboard. "well, it's usually, month end, and reports need to be done." you told her.

"but, he should lessen, or maybe distribute it equally among us." she huffed before dropping her pen on her desk. "how did you manage to complete it early? four sub- branches for each accountant!" she whined, looking at you, while stomping her feet lightly, as you heard a light sound coming from her heels cluttering against the tiled floor.

"i did it early. i mean, i never stop until i finished my work."

"is that why you always gets home late at night? the new boss is killing us, you especially. did he not learned from the previous boss, his own father? his father did not squeeze you to work till late night before. you'd always get home late, not hanging out with us."

"ye--" you were cut off when another co- worker of yours, also one of your closest friend, came to your cubicle.

"yes shinji? how can i help you?"

"actually, the boss is looking for you again for the fifth time today." she let out a long sighed, worrying.

"really? again? what have you done, that the boss is always looking for you?" aeri shrieked whilst still focusing on her desktop.

"i'm afraid so. yes, again. i guess it's because she's good in her work and always been rewarded with the 'employee of the month' title for three consecutive months! " shinji responded.

"i hope so too." aeri paused, looking at you. "i hope you are not the one with trouble that he calls you all the time, honey."

"it's okay. i am guessing he needed help on the financial reports." you replied. "okay girls, i will go and meet him, and after that we will have lunch together okay?"

"okay sweetie! good luck! i hope the boss, won't took much of your time, since it's almost lunch time soon! now go, shoo shoo!" shinji dismissed.

you chuckled at your dear friend. you got up from your seat, smoothen the crease of your skirt and blouse, before waving your hands to both of them. both of them grab their fists, raising up in the air, mouthing good luck to you.
*****

your heels cluttered against the marble floor as you walked out from the elevator. you stopped at the reception counter, where you were greeted by his secretary.