j i n | PENS AND PAPERS

PENS AND PAPERS

you were sitting in a cafe owned by a close cousin of yours, hoseok. it was almost a routine for you, to hang out in his cafe, everyday, to complete the assignments or any project given by the lecturers. your usual food and drink came to the table, served by the one and only, owner of the cafe.

you saw hoseok seated in front of you, hugging the round tray. he took a long breath while looking at you. "why do you have to do your work here in my cafe?" he questioned. you ignored him, while your fingers were still dancing on the keyboard. you scrunched your nose, because you couldn't get the right sentence, or the perfect flow for your project writing.

"you know, this particular table is practically yours? it's like your second house already. why can't you do it in the library?" he whined.

"ugh, hobi! i love a place where there's food! you know i am always hungry. and library? seeing thousands of books in front of me makes me sleepy, and i hated it." you gave him a disapproving look. "plus i can order you to make me food, you should be thankful that you have a very loyal customer." you placed your chin on your both of your palms, and your fingers were drumming against your cheeks.

"let me tell you, fun fact, there are lots of other cafes around your university!" hoseok argued. "but there's none whom i can order anytime, and i can get more discounts from you!" you shrugged, smirking at him. hoseok shook his head, feeling defeated at your reply.

"you are lucky because i love you, sis!" hoseok said. the two of you are close to each other ever since both of you were little. you are only three months younger than him. he took he degree part time, because he wanted to pursue his cafe business, whereas you opted to pursue your degree full time. you were majoring in finance while hoseok was pursing his studies in literature.

"is your friend mina coming along today?" hoseok asked.

"maybe in an hour time? she's having a afternoon class which ended in half an hour time? i guess." you said unsure of your friend's schedule. hoseok pressed his lips together, while nodded slightly. a five seconds silence followed after.

"go on, hobi! i have lots to complete, unless you wanted to help me in these?" you pointed at the books scattered across the table.

"yes, you're majesty. i shall leave you, to your subjects, aka your books. all the best!" he playfully bowed with his arms still hugging the tray. you waved your hands, gesturing him to go away. he stuck his tongue out. he ran away immediately, as soon as he saw your hand were ready to throw him an eraser.

*******

just as you predicted, an hour later, you heard a familiar footsteps came running into the cafe. "babe.." she paused, catching her breath. "sorry i am late!" you shook your head, telling her it's okay.

"well, you did told me, that you'll be having a class, so i don't mind."

"hopes!" you chuckled as you heard a groan from a frustrated hoseok, behind the counter. he knew, as soon as mina came into the cafe, you would be ordering him. hoseok came to your table. "here, your highness." he shot a glare at you. "thank you, my slave."

"you know i am older than you right?" he hissed. "eh, yeah. three months. no difference. meh." you answered. he totally knows how to annoy you. instead of channeling his anger, which he actually gotten used to it, whenever he is with his favourite cousin, he ruffled your hair, making your hair appeared in a mess.

"hobi!"

"serves you right, by treating me as your slave." before he walked away, you noticed he took a peep at your friend who was sitting in front of you. your friend, mina on the other hand, was awkwardly making herself busy while hoseok was looking at her. both of them looked like they were avoiding each other.