y o o n g i | BITTER THAN COFFEE

BITTER THAN COFFEE

sitting by the window overlooking the streets, moon so was looking outside. people running away from getting caught by the heavy rain, cars piercing through the road. as cold shiver through moon so, as if on cue, her sweet cup of hot latte as well as her favourite blueberry muffin came to her table.

"thank you, jungkook." she told the waiter, also the owner of the coffee shop. placing both of palms around the cup, she can't help but to be grateful as the cup gave her warmness against her palms. "can i join you?" moon so nodded, and gestured him to take a seat in front of her. "how are you, my favourite customer?" he asked, smiling at moon so.

"i am your favourite customer now? i thought it was him?" moon so shrugged making him sighed. "used to be him, until one day, he brought that good- for-nothing girl, and wrapped his arms around her waist."

"well that was eight months ago. i've moved on, and he is your best friend. remember?" she honestly told him.

"once a best friend, until he hurt you, who is like a sister to me!" he paused. "eight months? but, i guess, you look like you do still think about him."

"that i admit, but it is not easy. to be honest. it hurts, and it still is. seeing him kissing her, passionately in his studio. it seems like it is just yesterday." moon so clearly remember that dreadful day, when she wanted to tell yoongi that she got accepted in the local university to continue her studies. it all went wrong, as soon as she stepped into his studio, feeling all excited, seeing him kissing the newly debuted singer.

"you'll be okay." he stood up, before patting your shoulder and excused himself leaving her all alone enjoying the weather together with the coffee. once she was all alone, her once- free- from- him thoughts, were shaken. all the memories the two of them shared, came back rushing.

she remembered the days when they were producing tunes, making up lyrics, together, especially during her free time, while waiting for university entrance results. she remembered those days, where they would be in the park, having picnics, and having a short gateway, to rural parts of the town, or maybe went for hiking, even the amusement parks.

even after being apart from him for almost eight months, she still thinks about him from time to time. there are days she went standing in front of his studio building without entering it. since it is a small town, she sometimes sees him from a far. having sweet dates with his current girlfriend, enjoying each other's presence, which makes her heart breaks.

******

yoongi, on the other was finishing up a music he is currently producing. "sounds perfect!" he muttered to himself before saving the music in his computer. it was the tenth version of the song, that he tried to produced. all the previous samples were rejected by his label, for his music sounded too depressing.

"this sample doesn't screamed THE MIN YOONGI."

"nope. there's no min yoongi's signature. it's like being picked up from trash, and revamped into a newer, livelier, version of the song!"

"we need a refreshing music, the one with meanings, and connections to the heart of the listeners."

those were a few remarks given to min yoongi by his higher ups. he had hoped that the current sample will be accepted. he knew he was slacking off, after breaking up. he knew a part of his heart when with her, when she broke it off.

staring at the screen, he felt a little empty in his heart, missing something or rather someone. stretching his body, he thought of getting a cup of americano.