h o s e o k | PECK, SMOOCHES AND KISSES!

PECK, SMOOCHES AND KISSES!

"like seriously why? why do i have to go to that cafe?" you grumbled, as soon as you stepped out of the class. you fiddled with your phone, searching for your friend, minyoung's contact. as soon as you saw her name shown on the screen, you typed in a few letters informing her, that you will be arriving in twenty minutes tops.

"whom are you talking to?" you turned around to see your classmate, youngjin stood beside you. "uh no one." you answered immediately, giving him a tight smile. you were secretly hoping for your friend to call you or texted you back. deep inside you, you wanted to avoid youngjin.

lately, youngjin had been trying to get close with you, ever since the party gathering organised by your university in celebration of the finance department's 15th anniversary. you've picked up a few hints that he was interested in you, ever since you stepped into the class. there are times, he gave you his hand written notes, and also there are times, he insisted on having in the same project group together with you.

you had tried your best to avoid him. you admitted he is great, however your heart is always with someone else, someone you really love.

jung hoseok.

the owner of the cafe.

particularly, the exact same cafe, where you had to meet your friend, minyoung!

you took a few steps away from youngjin and waved him goodbye. "goodbye young--"

"wait!" he said, grabbing your wrist. you halted your steps and turned to him. "i'm sorry." he began.

"i didn't mean to kiss you the other day. mina, i like you. really. i hope you can give me a chance, us being together." you spoke.

"youngjin, i am sorry. you are a good friend. but that's about it. i don't see us, being together. i am in love with someone." he gave you a sad smile.

"it's okay, but you know where to find me, when you're sad or if you are single?" he said. "back to your playful side again eh?" you replied, chuckling. "i've got to go. see you, in the next class?" you displayed a sincere smile at him. he nodded and soon you fastened your steps, afraid that you might not be in time, reaching the cafe.

*******

reaching the cafe, you stood outside catching my breath. you saw hoseok stood behind the counter, picking up orders from the customers queuing up in front of the counter. you took the opportunity to walk into the cafe, and walked straight to your friend, minyoung, who was too immersed in calculating, without noticing your presence. you called her, as soon as you have reached the table, and apologised too her for being a little late then promised. she dismissed you by saying it was okay. taking a seat in front of her, you heard her yelled out hoseok's name.

minutes later, hoseok came to your table, serving the food. seeing hoseok and his cousin also your friend playful banters, you busied yourself by reading the opened book in front of you. while reading you did take a look a him, secretly. before catching you off guard, you turned you gaze to the words in front of you. you felt a slight glance from him, drilling through your head.

you prayed silently, that your friend didn't notice the tensed atmosphere between the two of you. hoseok walked away from the table to continue his work, and fortunately, minyoung didn't noticed anything going on between you and hoseok.

both of you continued to do the assignments until minyoung's finance lecturer, kim seokjin came by our table. you excused yourself to go to the washroom to minyoung but she was busy drooling at the sight of her lecturer. however, the lecturer noticed you, and nodded slightly at you. you can't help to notice the atmosphere between the two. obviously, minyoung was drooling and lecturer kim seokjin was flirting at her, calling her cute names. you shrugged of the feeling before walking straight to the washroom.