t a e h y u n g | STRAIGHT TO THE GUTTER OR THE HEART?

STRAIGHT TO THE GUTTER OR THE HEART?

"not bad for a first timer, eh?" you felt a nudge on your arm. your friends, invited you to hang out at the bowling alley.

"spare!" jinyoung made her victory dance, as she scored on her latest throw. you and another best friend of yours, soo-ae, clapped, enthusiastically.

"but i am still on top of the game!" jinyoung gushed proudly, as the scores came rolling on the screen in front of you. you scrunched your face lightly, as your name appeared at the bottom. jinyoung called out your name, telling you it was your final turn to bowl. you walked away from the screen, and took the bowling bowl from the rack. you threw the bowling bowl on the bowl lane, and watched it roll down to the pins.

you slapped your palms towards your face, covering your eyes, predicting the journey of the ball. you peeped slightly in between your fingers. hoping that the ball would rolled straight to the pins, but to no avail, it rolled to the side, making it land in the gutter. you turned to your back, looking at your two best friends. you had your second chance in trying, but the second throw, too, made it's way to the gutter, earning you, zero points.

pouted your lips together, you fake cried. "aww. it's okay. there's always next time, bunny!" both of them pulled your arms, consoling you. you smiled, as soo-ae made her way away from both of you, since it was her turn to play.

"final round, soo-ae!" you cheered, clapping your hands together. jinyoung's phone rang cutting of your cheer. you turned to jinyoung who was ransacking her bag, looking for her phone. as soon as she had gotten hold of her phone, she excused herself, telling you, that it was a call from her boyfriend. you nodded slightly, telling her it's okay.

you raised your hands up in the way, seeing soo ae, had beaten up jinyoung's score, since she secured strike in her final round, making her the final winner of the race. both of you ran towards each other, hugging, ignoring the people surrounding the two of you.

"yeay! i beat jinyoung!" she said swaying her hips side to side, making her little victory dance. you told her, that jinyoung has to attend call from her boyfriend.

"yes! someone's gonna pay for dinner tonight!" you smirked.

"yeah, yeah, i don't mind." soo-ae replied, giggling. her cheerful giggles stopped, and her eyes widened, when you saw that her eyes were locked to something, rather someone who was standing behind you. turning your back to the person behind, a familiar figure, stood carrying a bouquet of roses for soo-ae.

"jimin! you are here!" soo-ae's smile widened, from ear to ear, seeing her boyfriend came with a bouquet of flowers. she let go of your hands, and ran straight to her boyfriend. you heart flutters seeing the cute couple. letting a short sigh, you tucked your hair strands behind your ears, and began walking towards your belonging and packed them.

after packing a few of your things, your throat began to itch, your eyes reaches a bottle not far from where you were standing. picking up the bottle, you realised it was a new soda bottle. you tried to unfasten the bottle cap, but it was too tight for you. since both of your friends aren't nearby to help you, you tried again for the second time.

you froze, rooted to the ground, as you heard a loud shriek coming from the person nearby. his side was drenched by the soda, coming from your bottle. speechless, unable to think straight, you remained quiet, still gripping the soda bottle.

a long sigh were drawn out from the guy who was drenched. reaching for a hand towel, he wiped himself. as if there was a switch in your brain, you were now able to let out a few apologies to him.

"s-sorry." you voice came out stuttered and a little raspy. clearing your throat, you tested out your voice, "i am truly s-sorry, i was thirsty, and was struggling with the bottle cap." you kept on bowing, while ransacking your bag pack for tissues.

"uh, it's okay." he said, assuring you that it was really okay.

"maybe just give me your shirt and your number, and i'll clean it up for you."

"was this a tactic for you to get my number?" it was that one sentence, that got you fuming in anger. emptying the bottle on his shirt, you hissed, "i was being sincere, and yet you accused me for having a trick to get your number! settle your shirt, yourself!" you picked up your bag pack, and walk away from him.

*******

"whoah, easy there tiger, what happened to you?" jinyoung asked, encasing her arm around your shoulder. soo-ae and jimin giving out a worried looking faces at you. you shook your head telling them it was nothing. truthfully, you were mad at the guy for being arrogant. the four of you walked further, two blocks from the bowling centre to a restaurant.

the four of you were seated in a empty booth in a restaurant, waiting for the food to come. soon, namjoon came and sat beside, her girlfriend, jinyoung before giving her a kiss on her forehead. all of you greeted the guy who just joined your table. "hi guys!" he greeted. even though you were kind of alone seeing the two couples, you were comfortable. the five of you are friends ever since the school days.

"okay okay, back to my question!" soo- ae began. all of us were turned our heads to her.

"tell me, babe, what or who has gotten you furious today?" knowing them very well, you knew, it was impossible to avoid the question. you started off with you being thirsty and wanted to open the bottle cap, but it went failure.

"i offered myself to get his shirt clean, and maybe contact him, to return the shirt back to him. do you know what he said?!" you breath became heavy, recalling the scene, still furious. 4 pairs of eyes, were looking straight at you.

"he said, that it was only a tactic for me to get his number! ARROGANTLY!" you stressed on the last word.

"then why are you looking a bit sad?" jimin questioned. you breath hitched. "what? sad? i am mad!" you told him.

"i don't think so. you look kinda sad, instead of totally angry." namjoon continued. you began to pout your lips.

"he .... was cute." you voice lowered, almost whispering. you looked down to your fidgeting fingers.

"joon, bear, your cousin's here." jinyoung familiar voice, told her boyfriend. you heard the chair screeching indicating, namjoon, stood up from his chair, to greet his cousin.

"taehyung!" you saw namjoon's back, unable to look at the person in front of him, while the two were making their handshake. "sorry i was late." the voice felt familiar but you couldn't pin point it.

"i had to change my short and took a little bath. damn, my hair was sticky, i was drenched in soda!" your eyes doubled it's size. you hold the menu to cover your face, while his cousin pull out the chair next to you. quietly, you told jimin to excuse yourself to the toilet.

you stood up from the chair, and tip toe from the group. you froze, as namjoon called out your name. "meet my cousin, kim taehyung!" you stood, rooted, since your back were still facing them. you twirled on your heels slowly to face the guy.

taehyung stood up from his chair, grinning from ear to ear. extending his hand for you to reach, he introduced himself as Kim Taehyung. you reached for his hand, and smiled at him, hoping for him not to say anything about the incident.

"so, i believe you owed me a new shirt, and your number, darling?"

**
a/n:
i feel like writing, but i came out well idk.
thank you! love yaaaa!
**