s e o k j i n

LAUNDRY DAY

birds chirping, the sun is up blinding your eyes. as you lay down on your bed, you fluttered your eyes open while blocking the sun rays coming through from the small gap of the curtain, with your hand.

"what a great morning!"

you stretched your hands and legs whilst still laying down. you got up from the bed, and went straight to the window, peeling the curtains, to make way for the sunlights to illuminate the room.

you opened the glass door and walk straight to the balcony. you inhale the fresh breezy morning air, and let the sun rays, illuminate your skin, absorbing the vitamins from the sun.

you did a morning stretch in the balcony, before heading back to the bed. you made the bed before peeling off the clothes and entered the bathroom.

once you felt refreshed, you went out from the bathroom and sauntered straight to the closet, trying to find some clothes to wear for the day. you opted for simple shirt and black skinny jean.

"so what am i going to do today?" you sighed as you placed your forefinger on your cheek.

as you look at yourself through the reflection from the mirror, you looked at the huge pile of the laundry that was sitting down in the laundry basket nearby the bathroom door.

"great! laundry it is!"

you hummed your favourite song, while you prepared your laundry. you pick up your phone before dialling your best friend. placing the phone against your ear, you waited for the other to answer.

"cherry!"

"chimmy!"

"morning ma cherie, or should i say cherry?" you could sense him smirking at the end of the line. you rolled your eyes, at his pun.

"so, wanna hand out for breakfast today? yay or nay? and good morning! i'm planning to have my breakfast while doing the laundry at our usual laundry spot!"

"i'm sorry i can't. tae's been asking me to accompany him to shop for his girlfriend's birthday present." you pouted, but you can't do anything about it.

"oh, it's okay. i'll shall buy some sandwiches, and coffee, while waiting for my laundry."

"sorry cherry, some other day it is!"

you both said goodbye to each other before hanging up.

*******

you've reached the self service laundry shop. you began to look for the available washer before loading it. you changed the money to the tokens, before loading the tokens into the machine. once you get hold of the tokens in your palms, you brought it to the washer. while you were loading the tokens in the machine, a guy who was carrying a laundry basket bumped to your elbow, making the tokens fall off from your hands and scattered around on the floors.

the other customers in the shop, turned their heads towards you after hearing the clinking of the tokens against the floor.

"s-sorry. sorry for bumping into you." you pressed your lips together while giving him a weak smile, while your eyes were still focused on the tokens on the floor. you crouched down, starting to collect the tokens. next thing you knew, the guy too was helping you collecting the tokens.

once you've collected the tokens, you continued to load the tokens into the machine before pressing the buttons to start the washer. you saw the guy was loading his laundry into the washer next to yours.

once your washer starts to wash the laundry. you saw the guy frowned, staring at the washer as if the washer cause him some trouble. you were about to ignore him, as you turned your heels around, to sit opposite of your washer, you felt a tapped on your shoulder.