j u n g k o o k | MILES APART, INCHES APART

MILES APART, INCHES APART

droplets of rain hitting the bedroom window, the warm weather in the evening were replaced by the cold weather. it was after midnight, you snuggled under the duvet, watching the television. you fought yourself to stay awake as your boyfriend promised to call you. truth to be told, you did snoozed for a few minutes. sitting up straight, with your back leaning against the headboard, you slapped your cheeks lightly, hoping that you would stay awake.

lucky for you, the phone rang. the familiar tone that you had setup whenever jungkook call greeted you. shuffling on the bed, you reached for your phone, before answering it.

"hi there." you whispered through the phone. it was at two in the morning when jungkook called. "i'm sorry that i only had this free time to call you." he voiced out on the other end.

"it's okay. we can do time difference." you smiled, turning to your side, hugging a pillow, with the phone lying on your ears.

"i miss you." he said, after a few seconds of silence. "i miss you too, jungkook. two months passed. two more weeks to go, till you are back home."

"i am sorry i can't be home for your birthday, sweets." he said sounding sad. your heart clenched in sadness, but you knew better it was for the better. he had to travel across the globe, touring. jungkook is person who is always passionate about singing. his voice lulled you to sleep, his voice soothed you. for him, singing is his life. from just a hobby, it became his career. he is know one of the top singers known globally.

jeon jungkook. from ballad, to rock genre, he delivers them all.

although he is the a-list singer, being humble, and respectful towards others are what lived up to. not forgetting love and care towards his loves ones, especially you. no matter how far he is from you, he make sure to call you, everyday. the love of his life.

"i'm sorry, sweets."

squeezing the pillow in your embrace, jungkook came through your mind, while hugging it. a drop of tear, came out from your eyes. you bite your lips, afraid that you might burst crying, you cleared your throat seconds later. "we can celebrate once you are at home, back closer to me. but make sure get me lots of presents yeah?" you tried to joke.

"isn't my heart enough for you, sweets?" you chuckled at those words. "it hurts knowing that my heart wasn't enough." he said, faked hurt.

"i'm gonna miss you, a lot, you know?"

"i'll make sure of that." he promised.

"i love you, jungkook. can't wait for you to come back."

"i, you. sweets. take care okay? study well for you finals." you muttered a soft good night, before yawning. "good night. sweets!" hearing you yawn, he started to sing a soft ballad tune from his latest single. halfway through the songs, you succumb to darkness, away from the real world, and entered the world of dreams, and happiness.

******

"morning, honey. happy birthday!" you mother greeted as soon as you have reached to kitchen.

"morning mom!" you went hug and kissed her cheeks. you then turned to the dining table, and saw your father who sat at the head of the table, eyes glued to the newspaper in front of him, enjoying his morning coffee. hoping lightly to greet him, you encircled your arms around him from behind, before kissing him on his cheeks.

"someone slept well last night." your father said, while folding the newspaper and securely place it on the table.

"yeah, like a baby!"