h o s e o k

DRUNK IN LOVE

your eyes can't take off from him. his sharp jaws, bright eyes, his soft hair, his personalities micmicking a vitamin— cheering up your day— and also a sun, who brightens up your day.

well he is your best friend. a very close friend.

he is also your co-worker. working in as graphics designer for comic books. you both loves comic and ended up working in that particular company. you met him, who was sitting beside you on your first day of work.

he is jung hoseok!

you share everything and every secrets and every little things to him— from food, to movies, to latest comics!

you looked at him dreamily, while he was looking for you from afar. you did not bother to call him, who was searching for you, with wrinkles forming on his forehead, tip toeing at every chance he got searching for you in the sea of people in the cafeteria.

once he spotted you, he pointed towards you, smiling brightly, and literally hopping to reach you.

"how long have you been here, flower?" he asked while dragging the chair for him to sit on. once seated, he placed his chin on both of his palms, while his elbows were on the table acting as a support. your stomach clenched while he was looking at you straight into your eyes. you tried really hard to cover yourself from blushing.

"not long ago. i ordered what you asked for this morning."

"well thank you! let's dig in!"

both of you started to devour the food in front of you. while both of you were eating, when hoseok dropped his spoon and fork on his plate.

you lifted your head looking at him asking him why.

"how's the guy you've been seeing lately?"

you fake laughed, as you answered. "i don't know, to be honest. i am afraid to tell him. what if we are no longer friends if i were to confess?"

he pressed his lips together, frowning.

"same here. i don't have the courage to confess to her. it seems like she is into someone. i just don't know now. my confidence level is depleted."

"how could you say it's depleted?" you snorted followed by a loud laugh, causing you to cover your mouth, with your palms, muffling the laughters.

yes and that is why you did not try to confess your feelings to him. his heart belongs to someone, and you don't have the will to break the feelings off, because he is your best friend. you value your friendship rather than just a mere crush towards a guy.

*******

you were thankful that it is a friday night. unlike your other friends, you preferred to spend time chilling in the house enjoying movie on netflix. catching up the latest television series, paired with hot cocoa, or rather spend time reading, or sketching graphics.

nonetheless, you preferred spending time alone.

you were concentrating watching the drama, when it was cut off by a ringing tone blasting from your phone. the familiar tone, which you purposely set it indicating the love of your life. you paused the drama on the television, as you stretched your body on the couch to reach for your phone on the side table.

"why is he calling at this time around?" you mumbled. pressing the green button on the screen, you placed your phone against your ear.

"hobi, my vitamin!" you exclaimed cheerfully.

"darling." he cheerfully called you.

darling? your heart skipped a beat hearing the endearment.