y o o n g i | TRAPPED

TRAPPED

"oh, you're back early." you questioned as soon as you enter the room. "you know what, my lecturer gave us more project when he did gave us two assignments yes--" you paused while looking at jungah who was tossing and turning on her bed. "why do you look so grumpy?"

"this cute little sundress came at our front door, wrapped in a box." she replied flatly while holding up the beautiful white sundress with little lace and flower details at the end of the dress and the waist area, accentuating one's curve while wearing it.

"so? it's pretty. you'll look beautiful, with a simple make up-- maybe a softer innocent look with loose curl." you said while tossing your bag and room keys on your bed.

"it doesn't click in your head right?"

"what?"

"the dress."

"well, so? it's pretty and you should wear it, for your date with jimin. oh--" you paused realising the connection. "the blind date?" you words came out softer, realising your mistake.

"thank god, finally!" she groaned while raising both of her hands up in the air. you chuckled at her antics, while plopping yourself on the bed. silence followed seconds after, within the room. she then turned her head looking at you, smirking. your eyes widened, "you aren't thinking about it, aren't you?" jungah charged forward by jumping from her bed to yours, pleading.

"oh, come on!" your best friend also your roommate, jungah, whined, with both of her hands holding your right hand, swinging it back and forth.

"please, would you do me the favour?" you continuously shook your head telling her no.

"i'd do anything, if you say yes. pretty please? i promise to do the dishes and your laundry for a week." jungah pleaded for the nth time. you scrunched your face, contemplating on the offer.

"why do i have to go, instead of you?" turning your head facing her, you glared at her. she forced a smile out of her, while looking at you. "who is he again?"

she groaned at your question. "i told you yesterday! i don't know who he is. all i know was that, my mother and his are best friends, also inseparable. they made a promise to marry us off. hence, the blind date. you know i am with jimin now."

"fine. two weeks of laundry and i'll go."

"also wear this sundress okay?" you can't help but to roll your eyes at her.

*******

you were currently standing in front of the mirror, looking at your reflection. you can't help to admire the little details on the dress by running your fingers through it. somehow the dress fits you perfectly, like it is meant to be made just for you.

"why do i have to go again?" you asked jungah. "because you love me, and i'll be doing your laundry." she stated happily. "for someone who is doing the laundry, you sounded way to happy."

"because finally you, my friend, is going out for a date."

"a blind date." you corrected her.

"whatever, but still, you are going out with a guy, spending the evening romantically. or maybe you two would be dating after this." she chimed, while giving the finishing touches on your hair. "i knew you two would be perfect for each other!" she clapped her hands, not giving you a chance to talk as you admired every inch of your look.

"wait, what do you mean, perfect for each other? you knew this guy?"

"oh absolutely not! i mean, i have the feeling that it's going to work well after this date."