n a m j o o n

AIRPLANE

rage? sadness?

you can't figure out what you were feeling these days. you were not in your best mood these few days.

it is all thanks to your boyfriend, who was caught tangled up with one of his co-worker, on your bed, which you rented together with him. it was on the day you came back to Korea, after five days of attending a conference in another country ordered by your boss.

your dreams were shattered instantly the moment you caught him screaming her name with pleasures that night.

since you were able to find much earlier available flight after the conference, you bought the tickets as ideas were running in your brain, planning to surprise him. but your plans backfired, as you were the one who was surprised by their voices mixed in with pleasure, screaming in pure ecstasy.

you said nothing, as both of them stared at you in shocked, trying to cover their nakedness with the duvet you bought with your own money. one of your favourite, in fact.

"i can explain—" he said.

"don't! don't you dare say a word. what? she fell on top of you are both of you were screaming in pain? you know what? that was not how it sounded like minutes ago!"

you looked at them furiously as you were blinded by anger. you walked towards the closet, picking up the luggage bag, before collecting your clothes before storming out of the apartment.

"flight K7077, Hong Kong to Seoul is ready for boarding"

you were brought out from the painful nightmare as you heard the announcement. ever since the broke up, you requested to attend conference or work just to get you out from Seoul. you were irritated by the calls and texts received from your ex. the best thing you did was to turn your phone to airplane mode. disturb free!

you were lucky that the company that you worked for, gives you the benefit of business class seat, for every travel.

you were seated in the seat assigned for you. you hands were playing with the buttons in front of you, to search for music before plug in the earphone in the earphone jack.

satisfied with the choice of music, you leaned back, before closing your eyes, enjoying the smooth RnB music.

you felt a tapped on your shoulder. you fluttered your eyes opened to look at the culprit. unplugging the earphone from your ears, you looked at the guy who was bothering you from your state of serenity.

composing yourself, you cleared your throat.

"yes?"

"i am sitting next to you, by the window." you turned your head to the empty seat beside you. you pressed your lips into a straight line before getting up, to give him space for him to get to his seat. he thanked you for making way for him to reach his seat.

sitting back to your seat, you continued listening to music. minutes later, the pilot announced that you are about to depart.

as soon as the air stewardess finished demonstrating the safety precautions, you plugged in your earphone back to your ear, listening to the music.

halfway through the flight, the cabin crew made an announcement on distributing food to the passengers. the announcement woke you up from your nap.

once the distribution is done, you began to savour the steak. eating and accompanied by musics, was a perfect combination you thought, but it was cut off by the sound of your next door neighbour, who was struggling in cutting his steak.