Chapter 19

C H A P T E R 2 2

THIRD PERSON

Victoria made her way to the Slytherin table, scanning the length of it for any signs of a wavy haired brunette and a strikingly dirty blond messy quiff.

"Looking for someone?" An all-too-familiar voice whispered in her ear.

She beamed and tuned around, only to be greeted by one of her best mates.

Thunder Nicholas Brooke.

He grinned at her, his dirty blond in a messy quiff that always made her wonder if he makes it on purpose or it was just the nature of his bloody hair. His once quite fair skin, now tanned probably due to his obssession with anything that is related to the sea.

"Hello, love. Had a good summer?" He said, embracing the lass in front of him, who gladly returned the gesture.

"Not much, you?" She withdrawed from the hug and took his hand and lead him to the Slytherin table.

"It was great. We went to Hawaii, had a bit of surfing, y'know?" He answered taking a seat beside her.

"Surfing, again? Haven't you had enough of it already? You also went surfing last summer, right? Where was it again, California?" She asked, facing her friend.

"Yep, and no. I haven't had enough of it, yet." Thunder flashed her his famous sheepish grin.

"Where's Julliene, by the way?" Victoria, turned her head to the entrance of the great hall, searching for her brunette best friend.

"I haven't seen her in the Slytherin Compartment. D'you reckon she's with her boyfriend?" Thunder said, as he scanned the great hall, his eyes occassionally halting by the Ravenclaw table.

"If she's with him, I doubt that she'd be that insane to sit with him, right now at the Welcoming Feast." She answered, standing a bit on her tippy toes to try and see through all the heads swarming the hall.

"Look there she is!" Victoria leaped, pointing to the door, where the brunette is trying to make her way to the Slytherin table.

"There you guys are! I swear, I'm going to hex them all to oblivion. Especially, Peeves. I hate him so much!" She groaned taking a seat across the two.

"What did he do this time?" Thunder chuckled, taking note of her soaking shoulder-length curly locks.

"The moron threw a pail of cold water at me! Me! Just me alone! Of all students he could've thrown that bloody pail, he threw it at me!" She shrieked, her hands waving in the air to emphasize her point.

"Why don't you just dry yourself then? Magically, I mean. So, that you won't get cold." Victoria said, leaning forward. Her hands clasped together, elbows by the table.

"Why don't you tell the Bloody Baron about that? Maybe then, Peeves would stop picking on you." Thunder mused.

"The Bloody Baron? Are you mad? Just even the sight of him gives me the chills, what more if I get close and talk to him?!" Julliene shrieked, then casting the drying charm on herself.

"Then you'd be frozen." He murmured.

Victoria only snickered.

"Anyway, how was your summer, the both of you?" Julliene asked, changing the topic.

"Great."

"Sucks."

The brunette and blond looked at their friend, who merely avoided their stares and made the wall the most interesting thing in the world at the moment.