Chapter 53

C H A P T E R  5 3

Victoria's patience is running thin. It's not like she's got anger issues, she's been pretty well with maintaining her temper ever since she started containing her magical prowess. Really.

It's just that Draco Malfoy is being a right git and is ignoring her. He's just staring at the wall opposite him and Victoria wonders if her value has been reduced to that of a wall's --or maybe lower? Either way, she wants to tug at his sleeve and tell him to look at her and give him all her attention because she knows full well that he's battling those voices in his head once again.

Instead, she munched on her breakfast as her friends gossiped about the task the other day.

When Draco stood up from his seat, she was quick to follow, grabbing her bag and books as she made haste to catch up. Damn that boy and his long legs.

When she made it beside him, they already turned the corner to the grand staircases.

Her gaze kept flitting between the steps and to Draco's face. She silently curses her shortness, as she has to look up to be able to see that blankness portrayed on his handsome features.

And she curses some more, this time loudly because she tripped on a step and her heart almost flew out of her ribcage. Instinctively, just like any other human being, she held her arms out to catch herself whilst her eyes closed not wanting to see the floor colliding with her face.

But, the hit she was expecting never came and she felt arms hugging her to someone's chest and she'd be lying if she didn't panic a bit. Yet, she smelled his scent and she knew him before she saw him.

She opened her eyes, as she was helped by Draco and she felt the sudden jolt of the staircase they were on as it moved.

Great. Just great. She feels a bit awkward and stupid because she's not quite sure were exactly they stand.

"Are you alright?" He asked and Victoria couldn't help the tears welling her eyes, she opted to close them and slapped his chest.

"I hate you." She uttered weakly, as Draco tries to stop her attack.

"Victoria! Look at me!" She could feel the panic rising from her chest as she heaved for air. She shook her head, knowing full well if she did, her heart would break. Because, that voice in the back of her head haunted her last night. What if he actually didn't feel the same anymore? Victoria feels so deprecated, what with everything going on --Draco must have realised that he deserves someone better. Someone who would gladly give up everything for him. And honestly, Victoria wants to do that. But, she doesn't. And that's what scares her.

Draco deserves someone to be there for him, and she can't do that with that bloody curse Salazar fucking Slytherin gave his daughter's blood. She can't do that with that constant fear of disappearing out of Draco's life without any warning because he needs someone that should stay.

He needs someone that can stay with him until the very end. And Victoria knows that she can't do that.

But, she wants to fight. With every fibre in her body, she wants to get rid of the curse. And she will do just that.

She didn't even notice that Draco was already hugging her to his chest, her fists clenching onto his tear-stained cloak. She didn't even realise she was crying.

Draco was caressing her back as he whispered, "It's okay." Repeatedly on her hair.

"I love you so much, Draco Malfoy." She sobbed, as she tightened her hold on him. Not wanting to let him go.

"I love you so much that it hurts."

Draco stilled his movement as he heard her whisper words he's been looking for. It took days before he could even realise what love was.

He was never taught what love exactly is. His parents never showed it in front of him. But, he does know maternal love. His mother made sure of that.

But, romantic? Draco was as clueless as an infant with that one.

All he knows is when Thunder muttered those words the other day, Draco felt something inside him breaking. He couldn't quite understand what exactly it was that he's feeling.

But, it hurt so bad.

The thought of his girl with that idiot made him want to punch the wall repetitively, until his hands were no more. It made him want to tug all the hairs out of his scalp. He wants to punch Potter's face in, he only saw red.

And that scared him. Because, he doesn't want to be like his father.

And yet, that voice inside his head told him that what if she really did like Potter? What if she only said yes because she didn't want to break his heart? He knew Victoria, she would never do that. She can threaten you all the way to the deepest pits of Hell but she would never hurt anyone. Her heart won't be able to take it.

And Draco was so so so afraid.

Because, what if the voice was right?

So, he took the time to process everything. And tried to reason out with that demon inside his head.

He talked to Astoria as odd as it is. He didn't really gave it any second thoughts. He reckoned he needed advise and he really didn't have anyone he can call friends. I mean, sure he's got his minions but they are not really the best people to run to if you're having problems. Victoria was the only one he could confide to.

There was Blaise but, he's too infatuated with Victoria's friend so his advise may be biased.

So, that left him with the younger witch who left a good impression on him and he reckoned could give him a proper advise seeing that she's a girl and knows Victoria well enough.

He fears his judgement because what if he did the wrong thing again and loose her for good this time around?

But, when Victoria muttered those words with brokenness in her voice, Draco felt the pieces of the puzzle putting themselves together and he felt as if the whole world was lifted off his shoulders.

Because, she loves him.

And so does he.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Aight. He loves her. Buttttttt (🍑), will he tell her thoughhhh?

Hihihihihihihohohoho.

How are y'all in this fine day?

Hope y'all are doing well. And if you're feeling down.

DONT LET THE MUGGLES GET YOU DOWN :')

stay safe and hydrated and wear your mask cause prevention is better than cure.

Treat yourself with kindness before treating people with kindness.

All the hugs and kisses,
MyS_WIB xx

28.08.2020