Alarm

I jump when Vika pinches my hip successfully making me hit the table with my knee which hurts like a bitch.

"Ow!",I cry out.

"Oh Rose I'm so sorry",she squeaks.

"It's fine, I'm oka-",I manage to say before loud sirens blare throughout the whole area.

I swear I hear Olena cuss in Russian before she starts running around the house barricading doors and windows along with Karolina.

"Vika what is happening!",I shout over the loud sirens as she unstraps Zoya from her high chair.

I look over at Yeva to see that she has a picnic basket set up and is following Sonya who takes Paul's hand in hers. The trio moves to what I know as the basement.

"It's the strigoi alarm!",Vika replies as she finally picks up Zoya and follows into the basement.

My eyes widen like saucers and my heart begins to beat erratically. The breaths I now take are coming out in gasps and I grip unto the table for support, only one thing running through my head... Christian...

"Rose!",Victoria shouts, breaking through the haze I am in as she shakes me. I realize that everyone has gone to the basement and its just us left here.

"I have to get Christian, he's out there",is all I say before springing for the door.

My breath hitches, nausea rolling through me in waves.

"Strigoi... ",I whisper.

I didn't think Vika would hear me but the fact that she halted in her steps I know she heard. She nods at me shakily as she stands by the barricaded window eyes flaring with determination.

I jerk back as the door flies open almost breaking off it's hinges. The strigoi by the door gives a wicked smile as his eyes land on my frame.

"My my aren't you a tantalising little one",his eyes flash with hunger.

My first instinct, I try to analyze him. He has jet black hair with juxtaposing extremely pale, actually screen white,pale skin. His eyes have that eerie red rim and his clothes are tattered,it has a muscular frame so it definitely was a guardian before.

I am suddenly thankful that during my Christian haze the Belikovs have secured themselves in the basement.

The strigoi I am going to call paley,yeah original, takes a step into the house and I reach for my stake by the hip, the one Dimitri had given me during the battle at the academy.

The strigoi moved and I moved to counter it's attack. I deflect it's left kick and move out my left leg to kick it and it shifts and grabs at my leg slamming me against the wall and begins to choke me.

Using my left knee I kick paley where the sun don't shine and guess what? The bastard smirks at me as his fangs come out. I bring my arms under his arms and lift them up inside the little space pushing his hold away from my neck.

He grunts as I elbow midriff and I drive my right hook into his face, effectively breaking his nose. He definitely was damphir, I think as he slaps me across my cheek and it burns with the impact.

I kick him in shin and he stumbles back a few feet, his heart in my line of sight. I use the moment preparing my stake and kick him down,before he can even buck me off I stake him and watch as the light leaves his eyes.

The nausea doesn't go away. I taste the metallic liquid inside my mouth which had torn open on the inside due to the slap. I spit it out and my sight blurs.

I look over to the wide open door and my heart nearly stops beating. Not wasting any more time I leap into action fighting off the dizziness and kick the strigoi off Vika's limp body. Taking advantage of the strigoi's surprise I stake him before he can recover.

I slump over Vika's body and check her pulse, it's there but weak non the less. I try to pick her up but we both fall so I carry, half drag her over to the basement door.

Before I can even reach there an engine roars coming to a standstill outside and head lights blast through the front door. I know them bastards can drive so I lay Victoria on the floor trying to stand up and am successful as I stand protectively over her body.

My head pounds from the impact of the blow I received when the other strigoi had pushed me against the wall choking me, the slap only making it worse.

My vision blurs as I try to focus on the front door and it dances with black spots.

Two figures step through the threshold. I ready my stance but my body seems to have a mind of its own I drop on to my knees the grip on my stake failing as it tumbles right out of my grasp unto the floor.

I hear the thumps of running steps as my eyes begin to flutter, before I can collapse a pair of confusingly warm and yet cold hands wrap under my knees and back, lifting me up.

"Chrissie...",I whisper as I snuggle into his chest.

"Shh,I'm here now... ",Is all I hear before my mind is plunged into oblivion.

🌼🌺🌼

-eep...beep... beep....beep...beep...

I turn to my other side trying to muffle the annoying beeping sound on the other side.

"Hey",a delicious voice whispers.

Opening my eyes they are met with the gorgeous blue ones I fell for a few weeks ago. But they look swollen from crying and Christian has dark bags under his eyes.

"What happened?",I ask him as I try desperately to ignore the pounding on my head.

"Here",he says as he offers me a glass of water.

I swallow feeling a bit of metallic taste. He notices my hesitance to swallow and presses the nurse caller. I try to think of a reason for me to be here...

My hands fly to my pelvic cavity and i throw my anxious eyes on Christian as last night's events come crashing on me. I look up,startled, as Christian's hands land on top of my own, one of them brushing over my womb.

"Our baby...",he sheds a tear, "is perfectly fine, just like his mommy",he finishes with a proud smile.

His eyes ever so full of love land on the spot he knows our baby lies growing,my womb.

"What are we gonna do?",I ask and my voice cracks with emotions.

Christian pulls me in for a hug and I allow him and I sob on his shoulder, letting everything hit me at once, ignoring the throbbing pain in my mouth and the other one on my head.

♡⃛◟( ˊ̱˂˃ˋ̱ )◞⸜₍ ˍ́˱☜♡☆♡☞˲ˍ̀ ₎⸝◟( ˊ̱˂˃ˋ̱ )◞♡⃛

I don't know if I will be able to update next month or the next one too but...yeah...

Hello hi,bye bye... Please do
↪)Comment 🔤
             &    
               ↪)Vote