Chapter 24

"Oh god. What have I done!" I cried out pulling at my hair.

  "You should have seen him at school. I mean he was hardly there but was occasionally but when you saw him... He looked completely drained. He went back to smoking." Blaze said softly.

  "What do you mean 'went back too'" I frowned looking at Blaze who shared a quick glance with Dylan but all Dylan did was shake his head.

  "He tried to stop smoking for you. He was going to surprise you when he officially stopped because he knew how much u hated him doing that stuff.. He improved a lot." Blaze sighed.

  How could have I missed it? When was the last time I saw him smoke?

  The familiar face burning started indicating the soon to come tears.

  "How am I going to fix this? Us? It's probably too late." Tears rolled down my cheeks.

  "I tried to tell you it was a bad idea in telling her!" Dylan turned to Blaze.

  "She deserves to know!" Blaze argued back.

  "Well she now feels a lot worst and guiltier because of it!"

  They got so caught up in their arguing, they didn't even notice me getting ready to see him.
*.*.*.*.*.*

I walked down the familiar street where Keith lived.

  His house grew larger and larger as did my fear of being rejected.

I knocked on the door and quick little foot steps scurried inside the small house.

"Rachel?" Rosie's face came into view as she opened the door.

  "Hey sweetie." I grinned at her and a huge smile sprouted over her face.

"Your actually here! I haven't seen you lately. Where have you been?" She pouted giving me puppy eyes.

"I'm sorry... just lately Keith and I have been having.. problems." I sighed and Rosy nodded her head.

"But we can still hang out right?" She quivered her lip.

"Of course. I just needed time to think. Is Keith here?" I asked anxiously.

"No. He's never home anymore." Rosy fiddled with with door knob which was a sign she was secretly hurting.

I couldn't help but think I'm part of the pain being inflicted on her. I am the one who pushed Keith away.

  That's when a idea came to my head.

  "Rosie I'm really sorry but I need to go. I promise I'll see you soon and babysit you again, whichever comes first." I gave her a quick hug before leaving.

   I practically sprinted home and grabbed my car keys and driving off to the place I know he's at. He has to be there.

  Soon enough the familiar setting appeared from when he drove us here on our first date.

   I parked the car right in Front of the forest and walked in the direction he guided me the first time he took me here.

Soon enough the opening showed and right there, sitting on the cliff was Keith.

  I slowly walked up to him and sat down right next to him.

  "What are you doing here?" He asked quietly, feeling my presence.

"I needed to see you. I'm so sorry I didn't listen to you." My eyes became glassy and my vision blurred from the fresh tears blocking my vision.

  I took one good look at him and only one word could describe what I saw. Broken.

Bags sagged under his eyes, his usual nicely done messy hair is now just.. messy. His charming smile was replaced with a hard frown.

I caused this. This was my creation.

   "If I listened to you before, we wouldn't be in this mess now. I cost us our relationship." I continued when he didn't say anything.

  "You didn't do anything. I would be mad too if I found out someone kissed you. I get where you're coming from. You did nothing wrong." Keith faced me, his brown eyes instead of shining and twinkling like they usually do.. now dull and dark. Unreadable.

"I love you and never stopped loving you. Please take me back, please forgive me. I understand if you don't-"

  "Just shut up." He cut me off and pressed his lips against mine.

  My body molding into his.

Oh god how I missed his touch, his smell, his kisses.. his love.

  He hugged me by the waist pulling me closer.

We broke apart, needing air.

  "I thought I would never feel your touch again." Now the tears are running.

   He leaned into me and wiped my tears away with his thumb.

   "Don't ever think that. You have something no one else does. My heart. I will always be there. I promise." He whispered and I slowly but surely brought my lips back up to his.

"Rachel Stafford, will you be my girlfriend? Again." Keith gave me a small grin.

   "Yes." How do you make these tears stop?
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*
A/N

  Ok I know it's short.

And obviously I'm no good at "hey let's kiss up and make up" scenes.

I'm sorry for the long wait and I didn't even get to the next chapter, I just redid this one and the last.

I just needed a break. I had a lot of stress on me for personal reasons but I'm not going to stop writing till this book is finished.

  Remember to Comment vote and share!