Chapter Sixteen

Oh no.

I slowly walked into the living room and saw Blake and Esme sitting across on the couch with books spread across the table. I forgot all about the gummy bears as I stood in the doorway. I looked down and started fiddling with my fingers. I have two options that I can choose from. Option one, explain to them why I am a hybrid and hope that they understand why I told no one, and allow them to know everything about my secret. Or option two, run. I know they told me not to run but they didn't say anything about flying away, right? I started to back away but a growl stopped me. I looked up from my hands and saw Blake glaring at me. I sighed before I walked into the room and sat on a chair in front of Esme. I watched as Esme's and Blake's eyes clouded over. I sat there tapping my foot as I waited for them to stop mind-linking each other. Blake growled at Esme before he stood up.

"Sit down." Esme said. She pointed her hand at the seat and he sat back down.

"Now Melanie, what are you exactly. These books say that you a re a hybrid but every hybrid as their own unique talents. But there are a few hybrids with the same wolf coat as you but, they don't have anything in common." Esme started ranting, " None of this makes any sense. Like how is it possible and why is it possib-."

"Esme! If you stop ranting I will explain what I know." I said. She nodded and I took a deep breath.

"From the books I have read, hybrids were created by the moon goddess to do her bidding. But the hybrids were able to escape her command. The moon goddess made sure that all hybrids stood out. Since then being a hybrid is like a curse. If someone hears that there is a hybrid then they will do anything they can to control them. Some hybrids specialize in combat, spying, potions, etc. But in a hybrid's lifetime, there is only one hybrid with that special talent." I said and let them process what I said. I sat there and watched as they processed the information.

"Then what are you good at?" Blake asked. I looked at him and a small laugh escaped my lips. He looked at me confused before I explained to them.

"You actually saw me in my other form the first day you arrived at my pack." I said. He looked at me confused before he realized.

"You were that hawk on Alpha Coopers arm." He said. I nodded.

"I can turn into a hawk. I can listen far ranges and blend into any surrounding I want. I specialize in spying and in combat. Which is a rare to have two talents. And being an Alpha's daughter makes it harder to control because it is much stronger than a regular hybrid, which makes me more dangerous. That's the reason why my dad is going to war even though he doesn't want to admit it." I said. Blake nodded and so did Esme. We sat there for a minute before Esme jumped in her seat.

"Can I see your hawk?" She asked. I looked at her and I couldn't say no. I nodded my head. I stood up from my seat and focused on my hawk. I shifted quickly and I flapped to the back of the couch next to Esme. She looked at me fascinated as she touched my back. I ruffled out my feathers and Esme laughed at me. I sat there for a few more minutes and stared at Blake. He looked at me with a Blake expression. I shook my feathers before I flapped my wings. I shifted and landed on my feet.

"I'm going to bed." I muttered. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my gummy bears from where I dropped them. I was halfway up the stairs when I heard someone yell.

"Melanie, wait!" Blake yelled. I heard him running to the steps and I ran the rest of the to my room. I was closing my door as Blake appeared in front of my door. I closed it quickly and locked the door before he could say anything. I leaned my head against the door and let a single tear fall off my cheek.

They know my secret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Thank you guys so much for over 20 thousand views.

Anyways, please vote and leave a comment.

Please follow my Instagram account at @WPAshalayVanZile.

Lots of love,
~Ashalay