Chapter 20: Just like HIM?

Happy reading!

~~~~~

Mrs. Hassan

Ya Allah! Meri Aima ko dunya ki har khushi atta farma! Woh bohat nazuk aur chotay dil ki hai. Akele to kabhi rahi hi nahi mere bagair. Waise to har beti hi ki qismat mai hota hai yeh.

(Oh Lord! Please give every happiness of this world to Aima. She is so fragile and soft hearted. She have never been alone without me beside her. Although its written in the fate of every daughter!)

No one wants their daughter to leave them and live in a different house, in different environment, with new people. Its really difficult for every daughter to do so. But then again, who can change the rules of this world!

Betiyan toh hoti hi parai han... kuch dino ki mehman. Ya Allah Pak! Har beti k naseeb achay kar. Kisi bhi maa ko us ki aulad ka dukh na dikhai. Ameen.

(Daughters are always meant to leave...they are just guests of few days. Oh Lord! Brighten the fate of every girl. Never in the whole life show any mother the sorrow of her child!)

I completed my prayer and stood up folding the prayer mat. My eyes landed on my husband who was in deep thought since few days.

"Hassan? You haven't eaten something. Should I bring the food here?" I asked while placing the prayer mat on the stool. When I didn't get any answer I looked at him again who seems to be zoned out.

Don't know whats going on in his mind. He seems lost all the time since Aima's wedding. He wasn't like this after Muskan's wedding even.

I walked up to him and placed a hand over his shoulder. He was sitting on the rocking chair beside window with head resting at the back and looking so deeply at the sky outside.

"Hassan?" On my call, he flinched once as if he was scared but then he again held the same stern expressions as he usually have.

"You haven't eaten something..." I left the sentence may be he would speak.

"So?" With such a uninterested look this man in front of me answered me.

Don't worry, I am used to it. Its his normal way of talking.

"Should I bring the dinner here?" I asked but he just shook his head.

"Hassan? Is there any problem or something you can always share it. You look stressed out. " his eyes met mine and that was enough to tell me that I should shut up now.

I know I wouldn't be getting an answer so I removed my hand and was about to walk away but his answer stopped me.

"You also haven't eaten. Right?" I didn't said anything just looked at his face.

He never asked any such thing since the first day of our wedding. His changed behaviour shocked me no doubt. Not that I am complaining. Obviously every wife loves to see care and love in his husband's eyes even if they are old.

Age doesn't matter.

"Bring the food. We both will have it here. " I smiled at him and he just looked at me weakly. I went to kitchen but there was a constant striking of a thought in back side of my head.

Something is really bothering him and I want to solve that. But how?

Kashaan

"Kuch toh sharam kar le!" I looked uninterestedly at him.

"What? I don't have any word like 'SHARAM' in my dictionary please!" Zayn counter back and I smiled at his way of mimicking me.