Adrift in Time Part 6

It was dark when I reached Gerudo Valley. At the very end of the bridge was one of the Gerudo guards. She had short hair unlike the other guards standing watch. Her outfit was also white instead of purple. Her arms were crossed as I came closer.

"Stay back, you have no business here!" she shouted as I reached the middle of the bridge.

"I want to join your group."

She smirked. "Apparently, you haven't heard the main requirement to gain access to our fortress."

"And what about Ganondorf?" I asked, walking closer to her.

She lifted her hand. The others pointed their weapons down at me as they stood on higher ground. "He is the only exception. We have made no others. Especially, to a voe of the Sheikah tribe. Joining us would be joining him and your tribe served--"

I jumped to where the guards were. It was a height I handled effortlessly. It wasn't even close to the height of the first tree Impa used to train me. Reaching the first guard, I knocked her out while I still was in the air from my jump. The next guard was just as easy as I dashed over to her, hitting her feet off the ground.

Turning back to the woman who was still on the other side of the gate, blocking the entrance from the bridge, a smile went to my eyes. She opened the gate and I waited for her.

"You've got skills. But I can't let you go any further," she said, pulling out her weapon.

"I've always respected your race, getting along without any men. Expect, I imagine, if you wish to keep your race from dying off you would want to be kinder to some of them," I said.

My comment made her tick as she charged at me. I hopped right over her as she ran straight into a stack of boxes. She should have been more careful about her surroundings. I did give her one thing, she was more on the lookout than my guards were. Link had gotten past all of them when he came in to find me at the age of ten.

Quickly, before they awoke again, I moved on to the fortress. Sure enough, many of the Gerudo were keeping watch. I used the night as my cover. I was going to do exactly what Ganondorf asked of me. That was finding whoever wasn't on his side. They might be one of the Sages or know someone else that could be. I did not, however, plan on telling Ganondorf if I did find a mole in his homeland. I was curious about who it was that betrayed him beforehand.

Going up the stairs silently, I hid behind a large boulder. I watched the guards' pattern before moving. Behind me, I could hear the guards that I knocked out before coming. Dashing, I ran up the hill and then ducked down in a crawl as I heard the guards shouting from the bridge to the others. I watched as all the guards gathered around them to hear the news. I waited for one to pass me as I was low on the ground, covered by shadows.

Once they were all distracted, I went to the second-level door. Entering the fortress I first saw two cells to my right side. No one was in them and because of that, there were also no guards around. Continuing onward I came out of the fortress for a brief second. To my right, there was another door leading inside. I took it.

Going down a slope, I came to a room where voices could be heard. I paused, pressing my back against the wall to listen. Thankfully, the room was down further than I currently was, so for them to get to me, they would first have to travel up to my level. I would know when they were coming my way.

"Aveil, something is going on outside," one voice said.

Aveil, I assumed, said back, "Well, go on and check then. Don't keep me waiting. But make sure to tell them to get back to their posts immediately! Our King wouldn't like such recklessness."