Soccer game

Mario was very excited for the first round of the soccer cup as he was the captain and he really enjoys soccer. "Luigi are you coming to watch bro? Mario asked, sounding really excited. 

"Of course Mario why not." Luigi said with glee."Be warned though I heard Flowers Academy have a new kid and he scored five goals in their last game against Nintendo High."

Mario suddenly felt cold feet. They only barely beat Nintendo High last year and hearing that they got destroyed by the Flowers Academy made him feel something different.

"Don't worry bro I'm sure we can still beat them."

"Ok Mario good luck."

Mario's team had been preparing for the game until the Flowers Academy came by. Who is the new kid then? Mario thought. Then he saw and unfamiliar black boy with the captain armband with the ball preparing his teammates for the game. That must be him, he thought.

Before the game started Mario gave his team a quick team talk on tactics and they were all set for round one of the soccer cup. Mushroom High VS Flowers Academy. Mario did a handshake with the black boy and the game was all set. The cheerleaders were cheering them on. The game was about to begin.

Mushroom high began the kick off as Mario passed it to Waluigi. Waluigi was about to make a pass but the boy was very swift and made the tackle. The boy then passed it to the teammate and made a through ball back to the boy. The boy outran the Mushroom High defence and went 1 on 1 with the keeper. It didn't take much effort for the boy to chip the keeper and score in the first two minutes of the game. This really shocked the Mushroom High crowd. One of the Flowers Academy teammates were like "Yes Djhon!" Mushroom High 0-1 Flowers Academy. "Wow that Djhon guy is amazing!" Waluigi whispered to Mario.

"Yes I know!" Mario said depressed.

The first half was over the score being Mushroom High 1-3 Flowers Academy. Djhon scored a hat-trick in the first half. Mario assisted Waluigi for the only goal they scored in the half. Mario gave his team a team talk."Ok, this was very unexpected," He said, trying to be positive."Clearly we underestimated one of their players but we can still make a comeback we just need to concentrate and play hard. Defence he has mugged you off so many time you need to try and read every move he makes and we can still get into the game." The second half began!

There were only 10 minutes to go and there wasn't any hope for Mushroom High. They played well but there was nothing to stop Djhon put in another two goals against them which made the score, Mushroom High 1-5 Flowers Academy and the full time whistle went. The two teams shook hands and Mario asked Djhon a question."How are you so good?" Djhon just smiled and said "Well practise makes perfect but you and that tall guy are very good too!" For a very good footballer he was very positive. He wasn't like people who kept bragging.

Mario, Luigi and Yoshi were in the car driving home. "Luigi was that the guy who you were talking about?" Mario asked.

"Yes!" Luigi said. 

"Who is that guy?" Yoshi asked. "He was really good!" 

"All we know is that his name is Djhon," Mario said.

"You guys still played well though," Luigi said.

"Yeah thanks bro,"

They dropped off Yoshi and went home.

At Daisy's house Rosalina was frustrated about the loss of Mushroom High. "What went wrong? I hope it wasn't my cheerleading."Rosalina kept wondering if it was her cheerleading that made them lose. She was chosen over Peach and Peach looked like she wanted to kill the Gym teacher Mrs Morris for choosing Rosalina to captain. 

"Rosa it wasn't your cheerleading that cost us the win remember that new kid who ripped apart our whole team. He was the reason we lost not our cheerleading." Daisy said trying to comfort Rosalina."The only problem you will have is Peach when she will keep going on about it." 

"Yh your right,"

"Wanna play fortnite on my PS4?" Daisy suggested. 

"Ok." Rosalina said.