Regional Round

The junior boys and junior girls all went into the coach on the way to their regional round. Their concentration was only on today and nothing about what lies ahead of them starting tomorrow. They all wanted to get to the final for the fourth time in history and now was their best chance.

"Ok boys and girls, we need BIG performances from you! When we arrive at our spot you do a lap jog and do some drills that were taught for you. I have a booklet for each of you as to when your event starts and your target." Coach DK said.

"Why is my target 13.2?"Peach complained.

Daisy and Rosalina couldn't help but laugh, despite Peach being faster than them. They arrived at the stadium, all the junior boys and girls went for a jog together. Peach attempted to trip up Daisy but she jumped over her leg. "Nice try idiot!" Daisy said. Peach was fuming with anger now but she was saving all of that for when school ends. 

Like last time juniors had their track event first, all the schools that finished top 4 last year were here today, including flowers who finished forth that year, until someone made them an unstoppable team. Daisy, Waluigi and Troopz went to warm up for the 80m Hurdles. Since Daisy was a junior girl she was up first. The faster flowers Hurdler was racing her instead. The official set them off and they were off and running. Daisy getting a better start but halfway through the flowers girl over takes her and opens a gap and she has won, Daisy coming second having been caught from a girl from Super Star High, the winners of last years USA School National Athletics.

She got a better time of 13.1. The flowers girl got 12.6!

"Well done Daisy!" Rosalina said, "She was a tough one not gonna lie!" The next junior girls hurdles race went with the other flowers girl running sharp and losing to a Star girl. The flowers girl got 13.0 and the Super star girl got 12.9. 

Now it was the junior boys. Waluigi was racing first against a flower's boy, a super star boy and a Nintendo High boy. The officials set them off with Waluigi getting the better of the flowers boy at the start, but the flowers boy catching him quick. Both were ahead of the super star and Nintendo high boys. As they finished, the flowers boy got the better of Waluigi and the Super star boy who seemed to be closing them down got third. Waluigi's time was 11.6, The flowers boy got 11.4 and the super star boy got 11.7 with the Nintendo high boy getting 11.9.

"Nice one Waluigi!" complimented Mario. Mario saw Djhon warming up. It seems that now in this round he is doing 100m and long jump. Troops raced next getting a time of 12.0 but failing to beat a Super star and the other flowers boy who both got 11.5 as their time. This would be a very tough round for these four schools. 

1500m was next, Jessica and Amy went first since they were the junior girls. The officials set them off and Jessica took the front and Amy sitting behind her and the flowers girl from the first round. They were on the last 200m with Jessica currently 2nd place and Amy was in 4th place. A Nintendo high girl was taking Jessica on but she was still 2nd by about two metres to the Flowers girl with the last 100m to go. The Flowers girl managed to hold on until the finish with the Jessica coming in second and Nintendo high coming in third and Amy 10m behind coming in forth. Jessica got 5m 03 seconds and Amy got 5m 11. 

"Nice one girls", Coach DK said. Michael had his race and like he did last round he was cruising and beat everyone but about 40-50m at the end. He got a time of 3m 58 seconds. 

Now it is the event that all the schools were waiting for, the 100m race. All of them wanted to see what Djhon was like at his best event. Mario and Yoshi went forward to prepare, so did Peach and Honey Queen. Peach went in lane 3. They were set off with Peach getting a really good start and was in the lead but after 50m the super star and the flowers girls overtook her and went to come first and second. Peach got a time of 12.9 and Honey Queen was next.