4

Zach Dempsey

Dating Jade has been amazing. It's like she really gets me. And it's not just because we both lost a parent... it's just... I can't really explain it. I know that she's not like other girls. She has an amazing body but I don't pay attention to that stuff. Not like I used to do with other girls... I just... I really like her.

People are walking up and down the hall for the costume contest. Jade decided to drive to school herself because she wanted to surprise me with her costume.

Zach
Has my mystery costume woman arrived yet?

Jade
Your locker handsome.

I quickly walk down the hallway and see her standing at my locker and my throat immediately goes dry. I go over to her.

"Wow... you look..."

"Hot? I know." she smiles. "You love your video games so I thought I'd live that fantasy for you."

"And you even have the mallet

"And you even have the mallet." she nods.

"It's inflatable. They would have taken it from me if it wasn't."

"You look amazing. I can't stop staring." She blushes.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER." Bryce yells as he and Monty walk down the hall.

"Oh please Ms. Quinn have mercy on us." Monty falls to his knees. "I know we were supposed to kill the Batman but we failed and we're sorry."

"Mercy is for suckers." She taps him on the head with her mallet and he dramatically falls to the floor.

"Damn Jade. You make our costumes look basic AF." Bryce says. "You are one lucky guy Dempsey."

"Damn straight." I pull her close and press a kiss to her head.

"We're having a party at my place tonight." Bryce says. "And we would love it if you graced us with your presence."

"I'm never one to turn down one of Bryce's parties." I take my girlfriend's hand and the two of us walk the hall. I'm hella proud of my girl.

"There he is! Jensen!" Bryce calls out when Bryce, Jade and I meet up with Alex. "Nice job holding your booze last night buddy."

"I bet he puked like a bitch." I say.

"Fuck you Dempsey. You puked on three wine coolers last weekend." Shit. I forgot about that.

"Yeah because they were strawberry... I'm allergic." Jade kisses my cheek.

"It's ok babe."

"I'm having a Halloween thing at my place. It's gonna be super small. You should come."

"Alex will be there."

"I'll think about it."

"You got something better to do?"