Astrids flashback

I was five
I was sitting on the bed in my room. Mommy was reading me a little Viking. When daddy burst in the room. I squealed,
"Daddy!! join us!! join us!" he looked at me sweetly and shook his head. Then turned to mommy and said stuff mentioning big monsters and fire. I heard a yell and looked out the window. Out the window were a bunch of really weird lights.
"Oooh!! daddy wook! Lights!"
he smiled sadly and looked at me,
"Honey were going to play a game ok?"
"Yeahhhh! what kind of game?" I shouted pulling his pant leg.
"It's called brave little Viking. You need to go under the bed. Ok? the bed is going to be the castle! you need to protect the castle and stay there! ok?"
"Ok daddy! what are you going to do? "
"We're going to also protect the castle but out here. " He smiled and wiped some tears off his face. Him and mama stood watch of the castle as I went under it. Then suddenly a big ugly monster broke into our house!! daddy and mommy suddenly fell to the ground.i watched and hoped the monster wouldn't come towards me. It turned around and flew away. I wanted to come out but my duty was to protect the castle. " After a big man looking like daddy found me.
"Hello Little one! what you doing?"
"Protecting the castle. Daddy wanted me but he's sleeping now!" I said pointing to him.
The man thought for a second,
"Well now you've protected The Castle. Want to play a new game?"
I quickly climbed out of there and hugged the man.
"My names Astrid."
He smiled down at me and said
"My names stoick, little Astrid. Now were gonna play follow the leader, ok?"
"What about mummy and daddy?"
"There gonna sleep for a lonngg time. "
"Ok. "
He led me away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little did I know that would be the last time I ever saw my mom and my dad. I lived with my uncle. After I found out about what really happened. I changed. I became everything I am now. Everything I did want out of bravery or courage. I did it for my parents. To make them proud.