Chapter 17 - All Hell Breaks Loose

I woke up to the sound of beeping machines. Not again I thought. I flung my eyes open and in an instant all I saw was my Dimitri, my Russian God. I could see his face full of worry.

"Oh Roza I'm so glad you're awake, I thought I'd lost you and our little.one." his face lit up at that. Pure joy was all I saw.

"What do you mean our little one?" I gasped, at the words.

"You're pregnant Roza, we're having a baby." Once again all I saw was pure joy on his face. I felt tears weld up in my eyes and a smile cross my face. Now I felt what he did pure joy. We finally got what we wanted, we were going to be parents. Our baby it was still hard to believe.

"I can't believe it, we're finally getting our baby. We're going to be parents I'm so happy. " with that, Dimitri brought me close to him and kissed me. It was unlike any other kiss we ever had, it was filled with pure joy, pure happiness. It was perfect.

We broke apart, as Lissa, Christian and the twins come through the door.

Dimitri picked the twins up and placed them on my bed. They're faces were full of joy.

"Auntie Rose you're having a baby, we're going to be cousins, but can't we call the baby brother or sister?" Rosie asked her voice full of hope.

"Of course you can Rosie, I'm glad you two will love this baby, and protect it." I said.

"We all love this baby we all will protect it, and we better be godparents." I was surprised that Christian had said that.

"Aren't you getting soft, but thank you Christian, it means a lot to me."

"We're all right here for you Rose and your baby." Lissa said as she made her way to me, and hugged me with the twins.

I commited,  this moment to memory I was truly happy I would always be, if everyone in this room was with me and ok and I had my baby that's all I needed.

-

-

2 weeks later

I was now one month pregnant, I still didn't show, but Lissa has made me take it easy with less hours.

We were now in one of those boring meetings I tuned it out, ans focused on my surroundings.

All of a sudden the stragoi bell went off, I grabbed Lissa and the twins behind me, and immediately led them to the room.

Once we reached it both Dimitri and o did a head count. Everyone was safe. Dimitri heard what was going on through a phone call.

"There's been stragoi spotted just outside the wards, your majesty I need to go and investigate." He said directly to Lissa.

"You have permission to leave, but you Rose are staying right here where I know you're safe."

"But Lissa I have to go, I'm a good guardian. I'll be ok. I'll stay inside the wards I promise." She reluctantly agreed and both Dimitri and I made our way to the gate quickly.

"Please Roza be careful, think of our baby our little miracle." I looked at his dark brown eyes and kissed him passionately.

Once we reached the ward's we saw them there wad only three stragoi. But they seemed strange. They werent going to attack, they seemed to be on the defensive. As soon as they saw me, they looked at my stomach, with an evil expression on their faces.

By instinct my hands went over my stomach as if to protect my unborn child.

They then threw a letter in my direction and fled.

"After them I want them all dead" Dimitri commanded. Ten guardians went after them, and quickly killed them and returned. I picked up the letter.

It was addressed to me, Dimitri and Lissa.

What could the stragoi have to say to us.

I didn't know, all I knew was it couldn't be good.

-

-

-

-

_

-

-

-

So what could the stragoi want??

Find out in the next chapter.

Thanks for all the support you've been showing me, it makes me happy, and makes me want to keep writing.

Comment

Vote

Share

Thanks

Lils