Chapter 14 - Romance over Breakfast

The smell of pancakes combined with the huge hunger I felt, forced me to open my eyes. I stared at the window, and then at the bedside clock. I gasped at the time. I had slept for a whole day. I guess Lissa, hadn't been kidding when she said I would feel very tired. I guess sleeping for a whole day would count me as well rested, yet I still yawned and felt slightly sleepy.

I slowly got out of bed, wrapped my robe around me and made my way to the kitchen. Our apartment was one of the best a guardian could have, being friends with the Queen had its perks.

As I walked into the kitchen, I spotted Dimitri hovering over the stove. I slowly made my way to him. Surprising him was almost impossible, but this time I manage it I guess he was really distracted by whatever he was doing. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he flinched slightly, he quickly turned around and his whole body visible relaxed when he saw me.

"Good morning my Roza. How are you feeling this beautiful morning, or should I say night.?" He said, as he gave me his breath takingly beautiful full smile. I melted right there and then.

"Good morning comrade. I'm doing all the better now for seeing your smile. And I guess it's night but with the stupid vampire timetable it's day for us. How did you sleep? I didn't like not finding you there when I woke up" I replied, I missed him waking up, so I mustered all my sadness and managed a sad look but my eyes betrayed me and Dimitri saw through it. He almost immediately brought his lips to mine, bringing me out of my thoughts. At first it was sweet, but soon the kiss intensified and become hungry. All too soon it was over and he pulled away.

"I always sleep well with you next to me. I'm sorry Roza. You see I was preparing you breakfast in bed, so I would've been there but you beat me to it. So shall we do breakfast on the couch?" He said, pointing at a tray with flowers in a vase, pancakes, fresh orange juice, fruit and chocolate doughnuts.

"You know me too well comrade" I said and at that we both laughed. We made our way into the living room and dug into our breakfast.

"This is all delicious. I forget sometimes how good of a cook you are, with us eating out so much. Olena did a fine job with you, to be fair with how she and your whole family cooks, its in your genes. But I miss your mum's black bread. " I admitted.

"I know how to make that, but I have to admit nothing beats mamma's bread. "

At that Dimitri phone rang, he quickly picked it up and answered with a few yes.

"I'm sorry to say this Roza, but I have an errand to run. Lissa wants to see you. But I will see you for dinner. Be ready at 1 sharp and I'll come and get you." With that his lips brushed mine and he was gone.

That was odd. I shrugged it off and got off the couch, I got dressed and made my way to Lissa's room. I wanted to make sure she was truly ok.

I really hoped she was.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Hey guys hoped you enjoyed that.

Let me know what you think.

I'm uploading the next chapter now. So two chapters in one day. There will be more tomorrow my head is swarming with ideas.

Please Please Please

Comment

Vote

Share

It would mean a lot.

Thanks

Lils