Chapter 7: The Start of Something Wonderful

Six months after the 'monster attack', the house was perfectly rebuilt. Couldn't tell it had even been destroyed, but for a constant feeling of emptiness. It took him a long time to stop blaming himself. What was Bardock supposed to tell him? No, this was something he had to figure out himself. No matter how much it hurt the both of them. But through loss came growth. The two saiyans now completely trusted each other. They spent nearly every waking hour training. Goku was more focused then other, knowing he needed more strength. He was motivated by something Bardock understood all too well. Revenge. They had been training hard for almost three hours, and both saiyans were breathing heavily. Goku was strong. Incredibly strong. More powerful then Bardock could have hoped. But in Bardock's eyes, he wasn't strong enough. Sure, he has redoubled his efforts. Sure, he had put all his focus on avenging his grandfather. But Bardock was ready to play the long game. Frieza.

It was around noon, right after a pretty serious training session. Both Bardock and Goku were sweating heavily.
"Hey Kakarrot, why don't you go catch us a fish to eat?" Bardock called from inside the house, eyeing the odd orange orb on a pedestal. According to his son, it was the last gift from 'Grampa' Gohan. But Bardock recognized the ball. Or at least he thought he did. He swore he had seen it somewhere, but where? He was thinking on the floor when he smelt something. Something funny. Something.... plot related. He decided to find the source of said smell. He exited the house and walked on to the thin dirt trail that led from their house to... somewhere. Bardock had never cared enough to investigate where the dirt road lead. He stood a moment, wondering why he was standing there, when he heard a far off noise. Who or what ever was being that loud couldn't be strong. Unless they knew it too. The last parting gifts Bardock received from Gohan was the knowledge of how to detect power levels(albeit not very well), which is how he knew Kakarrot was still fishing, and a way to suppress his own power level, making him appear much weaker. Useful for fun surprises. While Bardock had been reminiscing about his time with the old man, the noise only got louder. Bardock simply waited. He had many visions in the past year. He had helped prevent at least three bad futures. But this noise? This was new. That fact alone existed him. After maybe a minute of waiting, the culprit was in sight. It was a weird... grey thing. Bardock had been educated in many of Earth's ways, but evidently not this one. The gray thing got closer and closer, until it nearly hit Bardock.
"Hey! Watch where you stand dummy!" A voice called from the grey beast.
"What are you?" Bardock asked aloud. Hearing no answer, Bardock began walking closer only to hear a loud noise and felt a slight pain in his shoulder. He looked at the now smoking hole in his arm before asking.
"Di-did you just shoot me? The hell was that for?!" A small earthling stood up, dropping the loud stick next to them.
"Eep! What are you?" The blue haired thing asked. Bardock had never seen blue hair before.... well not in person. Now he recalled where he had seen the orange ball from. The same vision that includes this blue haired fool.
"I'm just an average saiyan. Now why in Kami's name would you come out here? All that's out here is me, my son, and our house." Bardock questioned, wondering how this blue thing related to his future. 
"Well, you see Mr. Anaveragesaiayn, I'm looking-" they were cut off with a glare from Bardock.
"Bardock. My name is Bardock." They nodded frantically before trying again.
"Well, you see Mr. Bardock, I'm looking for the dragonballs. And according to my radar, there's one just ahead." Bardock looked at them with a mixture of curiosity and disgust.
"First of all, cut the mr crap. I'm just Bardock. And second of all, why would anyone search for things called dragonballs." Bardock asked, imagining the worst of things called 'dragonballs'.
"Well, rumor has it that if you gather up all 7 of them , then you could have any wish you wanted granted by the eternal dragon." The blue one explained. Bardock's eyes widened.
"Any...wish?" He said in broken breaths, imagining Frieza's head at his feet.
"Well in that case, lead the way blue one!" Bardock yelled, quickly walking towards his house.
"My... my name is Bulma!" The blue Bulma yelled, struggling to keep up. She walked into the open doors of his house and exclaimed, "That's it! The four star ball!" Bardock hadn't a clue what that meant, but he was ready to find the rest if it meant a defeated Frieza. But as he was watching, he felt another vision.

A small blue thing with funny clothes was standing in front of a furry thing and a women. In front of him were seven orange rocks.
"Ahahaha! Finally! With these I can finally  wish for world domin-"

The vision was cut short by a yell.
"Hands off my grampa!" Bardock turned to see his own son wielding his strength stick and with rage in his eyes.

Power levels:
Bardock- 12,220
Goku- 15
Gohan- dead. Does that make it zero?
Bulma- probably around the high 2 mark.