Chapter 26- The past 2

"I was captured by Dr. Lackowski and became his live specimen for years."

I stared with shock at his revalations.

"What? How?"

"Mr. Levin was his partner, but he was different from him. They were opposites. Lackowski the devil and Levin the saint." Spite was evident in his voice every time he mentioned Lackowski's name.

"Levin didn't approve to all his evil ways and decided to remove Lackowski in the project. You see Levin started it all, he was the master mind of this whole project and back then Lackowski was just his apprentice." I as beyond shocked to find out all this things about Levin, the man he once called father.

"He removed Lackowski's lisence or better yet, let's call him James Graham. Levin had failed in his experiments on me, or more like I wasn't a suitable specimen. He stopped the day I stared at him with dead eyes after he electrocuted the hell out of me."

"I forgot my early memories of the island back then and didn't wake up for three years. He regretted everything, and decided to treat me as his son. He was so engrossed in his stupid project that he even forgot to marry and have kids therefore having no heir for all he worked for, he didn't want to hand the company to his brother, Carl's father, so he made me everything he wanted me to be. I became his puppet until yesterday." This time, I felt his tears on my shoulder as he buried his face in my neck. I rubbed circled in his back to soothe him.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. I always thought I wouldn't see you again. I accepted that it was my punishmen-" I was silenced when I felt his lips on mine. Life seemed to surge inside of me, rushing and excited to be in its place once more. The kiss lasted for a minute until he pulled away and I stared at his beautiful eyes. I saw love and I'm sure it mirrored mine.

"My princess." He whispered as he rested his forehead in mine. "My prince."

"You're a king now." I said without opening my eyes. I was waiting for his reaction and was surprised when he kissed me again.

This time I opened my eyes. "Say it again."

"You're a king now." He must think I'm joking.

"How? Where is he? Or is it a she?" He looked more than happy and his eyes twinkled with happiness.

"I was pregnant when I left." Again, the tears fell from my eyes as I remembered all the foolishness I did.

"I lost them." He didn't know how to react. "Them?"

"They were twins, a girl and a boy, I didn't know what happened but the next minute when I woke up, they're gone. I was so devastated when I left and I wasn't myself for a while." I cried and I know he too cried for he never had a chance to see our babies. "I'm sorry."

"We'll find them, and we'll never let them out of our sight again my queen."

END

Just kidding lol. I actually planned to split the book into half but then whatever, I'll just keep going until this finally ends for real this time. I don't know if I'll be able to write more stories in the future 😭, college life would be a new adventure to me and I'm not sure if I'll have WiFi to whichever dimension I'll be in. Yes, there is a huge chance I'll be away from this town where I've lived my whole life, I kinda live in what looks like a small village you know and education in the city is much better.