Chapter 4

While heading towards his place Ayaan noticed the road and the surroundings while he was riding. The road seems to be quiet and unfaithful. It is surrounded by trees which are thin and high. Broken twigs and leaves produced sound as it cracked down by the wheels of his bike. The night was dark and the only light cutting the darkness was the light coming from the headlight of Ayaan's bike. It was like a Déjà vu.

He murmured, "I have seen something like this but where?"

He was trying very hard to remember where he had seen this type of environment. Then suddenly something strike his mind. It was the same road he had been seeing in his dreams, where a man was running from his death and someone mysterious was following him.

"But why were they following him?" he asked himself.

After then Ayaan started to feel a bit uneasy about the place from where he was passing from. His heart started pumping more blood than usual because of his nervousness. He speeds up his bike. At that point of time he was just thinking to reach home as fast as he can. But there was some bigwigs waiting for him at home.

Ayaan reached home and directed his bike in the parking lot. After he parked his bike he noticed the lamp flickering. He switched it off thinking he has to replace it. He closed the gate of the parking and headed towards his house. When he was just a few steps away from the main door his cell phone rang.

It's David. Ayaan received the call continuing his walk.

"Hey, David"

"Stop...Stop! Don't enter. Don't go inside."

Hearing this Ayaan was surprised he thought what is wrong with David why is he behaving so and where is he right now?

"What...What are you talking about? Are you drunk David?"

"Just stop there you moron! Don't you enter the house" said David. He was quick with his words.

Ayaan stopped in between.

"Where are you? Are you watching me?"

"Keep your voice low. I am hiding in the bushes at your left."

"What are you doing there?"

"Just come here and be quiet I will explain you everything." said David and then disconnected the call.

Ayaan was confused. He was staring the bushes. A number of thoughts were running through his mind and all the possibilities.

He kept on thinking, "Is he really David or not?"

Ayaan kept on repeating this question again and again in his mind. At last he decided to go on towards the bushes. When he reached there, he saw him. It was really David.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Ayaan asked

"I saw two people climbing from the backyard into your house."

"What...Who are they?"

"How should I know? Do you know anyone who can do such type of things?"

"No" replied Ayaan while looking towards his house.

"They are here for almost an hour. I was waiting for you. Where have you been? Thank god that before my battery died you arrived."

Ignoring the question asked by David Ayaan said, "Let's go in and checkout"

Hearing this David said, "Now that's what I am waiting for"

David is a combative boy who mostly remains on the verge to fight and oppose.

Before getting inside the house both of them went to the parking lot. Ayaan took a baseball bat and David took a hockey bat. Then they approached towards the house from the bank of the main door. They reached the main door with a high and quiet pace.

"Are you crazy what if they are waiting for us at the main door?" David said in a low voice.

"You know how to climb" said Ayaan opening the door with caution.

Both of them entered the house. They left the door open hoping that if something went wrong then they will be able to escape. As soon as they managed their pace they heard a thud sound that came from Ayaan's room. Hearing this both of them tightened their grip on the bats they were holding and raised it to an attacking position. They started moving towards the room. Just when they were few centimeters away from the door Ayaan leaned forward places his ears on the door.

"What are you doing?" asked David in a low voice. But Ayaan didn't reply to his question instead asked him to be silent.

"There is no movement inside and the lights are also off"

"Hmm, but am sure there were two people" said David.

"Okay, then let's go in" said Ayaan nervously looking at the door knob.

He unlocked the door very smoothly. Ayaan entered the room followed by David. David was unaware about the room's layout.

BAAANNNGGG.....

Someone strikes David from the back. The hockey bat which he was holding fell on the floor. Hearing this Ayaan shouted, "David....David are you okay?"

"No..."

"Where are you David?" Ayaan shouted. He started to move towards the switch to turn on the lights.

"Stop there!!!" a voice came from the left of Ayaan.

Hearing this Ayaan quickly swung his bat in the direction of the voice. Now Ayaan was sure that there are two people. As he noticed sound of the hockey bat and the voice both were coming from different directions. He also noticed the intensity of the voice to assume how far is the person.

"Who are you?" asked Ayaan.

"I am not here to harm you" voice again comes from a different direction. The moment he heard the voice he thought of swinging the bat but what about the other one... He can't deal with both of them in the dark. While he was thinking he heard a voice closer to his ear

"Can we talk?"