Chapter 18

“From the formation of there, I think they are performing some rituals to absorb Martha’s abilities and her soul” Joseph replied to Ayaan.

“What…?” Ayaan said giving a stern look and continued

“Strange!!! Are these things really exist? But whatever they are doing, we need to save her…” Ayaan said.

“We can’t,” Joseph said interrupting him.

“What? Why we can’t?” Ayaan asked.

“Hey Ayaan, first of all, get yourself calm down,” Joseph said and continued

“You forgot last time what happened? Only one of them was there and we barely able to make him down. He almost killed us. If I am not wrong you got a deep cut in your shoulder too, right?”

Joseph took a pause to check whether they are unnoticed from hooded guys or not.

After then he continued

“See, there are 7-8 of them. There is also dark in there. Who knows whether there are more or not?”

“So, what can we do? Just sit back and watch the show?” Ayaan asked.

“Yes, that’s the best we can do and observe,” Joseph said.

“Observe what?” Ayaan asked.

“There weakness” 

Joseph said and continued after a pause of 2 second 

“If they have any”.

“We can call police” Ayaan suggested.

“Yes, we can but the moment they will see police, they took Martha to somewhere else and believe me Police can’t catch them,” Joseph said.

After a while, Ayaan asked

“Where is the Profess…” 

He was interrupted, by a laugh, coming from the room.

Hearing this Ayaan and Joseph made themselves a little up in order to see through the window.

“Is it Martha laughing?” Ayaan asked.

“Yes, it seems like. However, I can’t see clearly. Still not sure out of them who are laughing” Joseph replied.

The laugh continued and lasted for one minute and stopped in between. Then the laugh turns into a high pitch scream.

“Now it is definitely Martha,” Joseph said.

The scream continued for a couple of minutes and then vanished in the dark of the room.

Ayaan’s and Joseph’s eye are fixed in the room.

“Where is the professor?” Ayaan asked quickly.

“He is on the way, will reach soon” Joseph replied.

“Please kill me…” Martha yelled.

“Hey Joseph, you know what I can’t sustain this,” Ayaan said making his fist tight.

Joseph said, “But we can’t…”

Ayaan interrupted “I don’t care, it’s better to die while trying to save Martha instead of watching her in this situation.”

“Ok…Ok wait, I will also assist. I am going to call Sam. Till then come up with a plan” Joseph said and leave towards the main door where Sam and Liza was.

“What a fool he is...” Joseph commented.