Chapter 7

Ayaan woken up very late. He heard something. After getting off the bed, he saw David tied to the chair and there was a tape on his mouth.

Ayaan untied him and said "David... Thank god you are up now..."

While David was removing tape from his mouth Ayaan said

"what happened to you and why you are like this?"

David replied (breathing heavily) "This is what they did to me when I tried to escape. We have to move out from this place".

Ayaan said "ok... hey, first calm down, I think we are safe with them. They will not harm us".

David replied in amazement "what... how do you know?"

Ignoring the question ask by him Ayaan said

"Come on, let's go. I am hungry and I want to ask tones of questions to them".

Both of them went down the stairs. As they arrived in the hall. Their faces became shallow dell, mouth slightly open and stared wide eyed to a person sitting at the dining table in front of them.

That person was Professor Alberto, the very same guy who teaches them in the college.

"A very beautiful good morning to both of you..." Professor said.

Professor signaled Ayaan and David to sit for the breakfast.

"Sam, they are up" Professor said.

Hearing this Sam comes with a tray consist of bread and tea from the kitchen. He served them and took a seat beside the professor.

"Go for it, both of you had not eaten anything since the last night" professor said.

"Sir, please, what is going on? Tell me... that guy with the axe.... And now you...." Ayaan said.

Hearing this David rolled his eyes towards Ayaan and then he remembered that may be this all happened when he was out (unconscious).

"I will tell you everything. I will clear all of your doubts in the very same way I use to do in class" Professor replied with a smile.

He continued

"Let me begin from the start. We are a part of a society, Cent. Each and every member in this society has different type of abilities. You are also a part of Cent".

Hearing this David stopped eating. Seeing this professor said jokingly

"I am talking about Ayaan not you".

"Abilities like the one which I saw in yesterday's combat?" Ayaan asked.

"Yes, Sam is fast and quick. His reflexes are way better and stronger than us. Joseph, he is the master if we talk about aiming and targeting." Professor said and continued

"Cent was formed some centuries ago by a group of five people. They searched and find people like us. The objective of Cent was to serve for the betterment of the humankind without letting anyone know".

*Hearing this Ayaan noticed that "objective was..." so what now there objective is..?

While the professor was explaining this, Ayaan was hearing him carefully.

After then David spoke interrupting the Professor.

"Sir, you said peoples of this society are having different abilities. There are many ones.... who are experts in martial arts. So are they too a part of this society...?"

Hearing this professor give a big smile which made his specs to lift a little up. He picked up the plate kept on the table and said

"Sam, I think we have to show him".

Hearing this Ayaan and David looked at each other. They are sitting at the opposite side of the professor and Sam some 12 ft away.

Then the professor throws that plate in the direction of David. When the plate was some inches away from the eyes of David. It was stopped by Sam. He was standing beside him holding the plate.

After seeing this Ayaan and David was shocked.

*Seeing this Ayaan thought that why didn't he fight with this speed yesterday?

"So David, you were saying something?" Professor asked.

David was staring Sam with his wide opened eyes.

While David and Ayaan both were in shock seeing the speed of Sam.

Professor said "Ayaan, we have a place to visit and Sam will drop David to his place".

"No, I will also come with you" David said.

"The more you will be with us, the more you will be in danger. So, it's better for you to leave. Sam will drop you" Professor said.

"What if those hooded guys about whom you were talking will come and attack me?" David asked.

"No, they will not come to you. You have nothing to do with all this mess" professor replied.

*During all this conversation. Ayaan was noticing Sam. He found that Sam was standing still like a statue with no expression at all on his face. He even didn't utter a word from the time they had met.

Ayaan's mind was going through a lot of questions. And the most visiting question was that "why he didn't fight with such a speed on yesterday".

David leaves with Sam. Ayaan went with Professor on a long walk. They are walking on a sludgy track surrounded by nature's beauty. Birds were chirping and the sun's rays scattering through the leaves of trees. Being a nature lover, it was a perfect view for him.