-Chapter 10-

Destiny POV

After answering some more questions. I was finally able to go home, turns out I was in another state. I am in Nebraska and Maxine are in Kansas.

I am hiring a black car and I drove and drove some more and some more. After hours I finally pulled up in front of the orphanage. It looked exactly the same. I got out and walked up to the orphanage, everyone stared at me with wide eyes, I ignored them and made my way up the stairs to Maxine's room.

I opened the door but she wasn't in her room. I sniffed and it smelt like she hasn't been in her room for a while. I felt someone touch my arm. I turned around and saw one of the orphanage caretakers. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I'm glad your back safe and sound." She said with a sweet voice. I rolled my eyes. "Where's Maxine?" I asked annoyed at her sudden friendliness. "She's been sleeping in your room."She said in her sweet tone. I pushed her hand off my shoulder and headed to the next floor where my room was located. I knocked on the door and a small voice said. "Come in." I smiled and slowly opened the door. A girl with wavy brown hair was sitting on my bed, looking out the window. "Hey, Max." I said. She whipped her head around and whispered. "Dessy?"

Tears started flowing from both our eyes. Max jumped up. And ran into my arms, as both started crying. I wrapped my arms around her small frame and picked her up walking over to the bed. I sat down and cradled her in my lap. God, I missed her. After about 15 minutes of just sitting there, I decided to break the silence. "I missed you." "I missed you too." I picked her up and sat her down beside me. "Where were you?" She asked still crying. "That's not important but I'm here now." I said giving her a smile, I wiped the tears off her cheeks. "You've grown so much! And your six now!" I said changing the subject. "Yeah, and my wolf says I'm tall for my age." She said proudly. I giggled, I'm happy she found her wolf.

I've known she is a werewolf since Neve surfaced. And Neve has known since she came to the orphanage. "Well can I tell you a secret?" I asked. She nodded. "I also have a wolf but you can't tell anyone it's a secret and so is your wolf." She looked up at me and nodded. "I know Ren and DiDi told me." I smiled happily. I'm glad that they looked after Max while I couldn't. "I have an idea." I said she looked at me curiously. "What if we threw you a wolf party? Because I couldn't be here for your sixth and when you found your wolf?" She nodded her head quickly. "Let's go tell Ren and DiDi!" She squealed excitedly. She took my arm and we ran downstairs. At the front door was another caretaker. "We will be back before curfew." I said. Curfew was 22:00. We walked up to the car the I was hiring. I opened the trunk and pulled out a booster chair, I proceeded to fasten the chair to the passenger seat and picked up Max buckling her in. After getting myself buckled in, we were on our way to my high school.

We got there around 12:15 lunch break. I parked my car got out and pulled Max out of the seat. I picked her up and sighed, putting on my sunglasses not wanting passing students to see the fear and sadness in my eyes.

I walked to the front door with Max in my arms. I put her down and took her hand and sighed opening the door leading into the school.

Then the bell rang. Perfect now the halls will be swarmed with students. I decided to pick Max up again not wanting her to get trampled. Students started pouring out of the classes and I started walking towards the cafeteria, all eyes were on us, Max started shaking and hid her face in my neck.

Gasps, whispers and shocked faces were all I saw and heard. I finally made it to the cafeteria, as I walked in the same reactions. I saw Dynasty and Cerenety looking up from the table where we always sat. Tears welled up in they're eyes and they started running towards me and I towards them. It felt like hours before we reached each other. They pulled me into a big hug. Max jumped out of my arms and joined in. We stayed in the hug for a minute or two when a small head popped up in the middle of us three. "Can we talk about our idea now." Max said innocently. We all let out a shaky laugh and pulled away. They looked at me wiping away the tears in their eyes. I took Maxine's hand and we made our way to the table where they were sitting.

We caught up they wanted to ask me about the kidnapping but I didn't want to talk about it while Max was here, they got the message and dropped the subject. All eyes were on us and it was starting to annoy me and Max started feeling uncomfortable.

I got up and stood on the chair where I was sitting and yelled over the crowd."Yes, I'm back from the dead or yeah I escaped a kidnapping or no I didn't run away or whatever rumors were spread and no that is not my child it's my little sister and if you don't stop staring Ill haunt you!" Everyone looked at me some shocked some amused and some scared. "BOO!" I yelled starting to get mad. Everyone turned away. Satisfied I sat back down.

"That was awesome!" Ren said with mind blown kinda face."Hey, can you keep an eye on Max? I guess I have to talk to the principal about starting school again." They nodded. I looked over at Max who had a disappointed look. I whispered in her ear trying to cheer her up. "I'll be back but how about you tell them about our plan?" She looked up at me and nodded she gave me a hug when I left and went to the Principals office.

Edited.

Word count 1066.