-Chapter 11-

William POV

After Dess suggested we go for a run I led her outside. Maddie and Jack joined us. Once we were outside I let go of her hand and everyone took their shoes off. There we stood barefoot on the grass. I inhaled deeply. The smell of nature filled my lungs. I heard birds singing in the trees. Dess followed our lead and took her shoes off. I took off running, after me Jack then Maddie then Dess.

We ran through the trees. Everyone was running slower so that Dess could keep up. But a few seconds later she zoomed past us. She was now in front of us. She looked back and a smile crept onto her lips, her left eye was black. Black streaks now found themselves between her beautiful white hair. She looked forward and sped up. Her speed the night I found her was nothing compared to her speed now.

She stopped at the clearing. Beautiful purple flowers fell onto her head. She seemed so happy by the simple things in life and it was adorable. It was perfection with a slight imperfection and it made her more perfect.

We all went behind a tree and shifted. Travis was over the moon and couldn't wait to see Neve. After so sifted I moved back in front of the tree. I was expecting to be the first to have shifted but in front of us stood a white female wolf. I knew the wolf was Neve, I could smell her. But she was a white wolf, not any white wolf the white wolf.

Bella and Desmond walked out from behind they're trees and stood behind me.

(A/Ń Desmond is Jackson's wolf.)

After a few seconds Dess must've realized why we were staring because Neve let out a whimper. I moved forward and licked her face I then nudged her towards the Packhouse, we were gonna run back in wolf form. We got our clothes and Neve took off first.

While running I felt free and at peace. Neve picked up speed and became a white blur getting smaller and smaller in front of until she was out of eyesight. We also picked up speed but were still a few minutes out. I decided I would use my Alpha speed so that I would arrive a few minutes before Bella and Desmond.

Once Travis and I arrived at the clearing before the Packhouse we saw Dess getting dressed she was in her bra about to put her shirt on. But it wasn't the fact that she was in her bra that took our breath away, it was that she had big scars running down her back. Did someone whip my mate? I was furious. I shifted back and didn't even bother putting my clothes back on. I walked forward and a low growl escaped my mouth. She turned around surprised. She had more scars running down her stomach. They looked like they were made on purpose as someone did it on purpose. They looked to reckless for self-harm scars. Sadness replaced the rage throughout my body. Was my mate tortured?

A whine and a growl were heard from behind us but I ignored them. I took another step forward. Dess pulled on her shirt and moved her gaze to the ground, fiddling with her fingers. "Who did that to you?" I asked, tears threatening to spill. She looked up at me then looked back down. I pulled her into a hug then picked her up and made my way to the Packhouse and up the stairs. I pushed our bedroom doors open and sat her down on the bed. I pulled on the first pants I saw and got on the bed, I picked her up and put her down on my lap and nuzzled my head in the crook of her neck. At this moment I knew what true love meant. I knew that my true love was Destiny and I was going to make sure she knows I love her with all my heart. "I love you." I said and I had no regrets even if she didn't say it back but to my surprise a whisper near my ear said. "I love you too."

We sat there thinking for what felt like hours. Both of us let a few tears fall. After we both calmed down we fell asleep in the comfort of our mate's arms.

I woke up when someone knocked on the door. "Come in." I groaned. Felt Dess smile at my response. And to my surprise in came my mom with red eyes, she had been crying. I sat up worried and asked her what's wrong. She didn't have time to answer because Dess got up. She didn't look scared, or fragile. All she said was."I'm sorry you had to find out from someone else but its true. Those scars are from my old pack." My mother started sobbing even harder and I was in complete shock. Before I could say anything she stormed out and slammed the door shut almost breaking it off its hinges.

I looked at my mother. And jumped up after Dess. She was heading downstairs towards the kitchen. Once I finally reached the kitchen everyone had their head bowed and Destiny was absolutely fuming. Maddie was trying to explain something but was cut off by Destiny. "Don't follow me." And with that, she bolted out the door towards the woods. I don't know what Maddison and Jackson did but it must be something big for Dess to be that furious. I growled at them and ran after Dess. I could only follow her for so long before my exhausted body gave way. "Damn you white wolf speed! Dammit!" After a few more swear words I got up and walked back to the Packhouse.

Once I got back I went to the kitchen to get me a glass of water. But I instead found Maddison and Jackson. "What the hell did you two do?!" My voice Boomed through the kitchen. They both looked up but Maddison answered. "Did you find her?" Ignoring her question I again asked. "What.Did.You.Do?!" This time Travis's voice was entwined with mine. And with that, they told me that they told mum about Destiny's scars. My mum entered the kitchen just in time for my next question. "Why did you tell mum?" "That's my story to tell." Mums voice sounded in the kitchen. "I guess its time I told you and Jackson my story." Mum added. "You don't have to mum." Maddison said while rushing over to mum. This had me even more confused and I grew more impatient. They kept on whispering under their breaths. I looked over at Jack but he looked just as confused as I was. This annoyed me even more. Travis was getting impatient and so was I. "Could one of you please tell my why the fuck my mate ran away?!" They stopped and my mum answered. "They told me because I was like her."

Edited.

Word count 1168.