-Chapter 12-

"It was 18 years ago. When you were 1 and Maddison wasn't born yet. I was busy cooking dinner and your John was away on pack business so I gave the chef the day off. You were watching TV when a black wolf with blood red eyes jumped in through the window. He was running towards you when I jumped in front of you shielding you from his claws. After clawing me a few times he shifted back to human form. I turned around and in front of me stood the then Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack. I knew for a fact it was him because John and I met with him the day before."

While recalling the memory tears started streaming down my mothers face. She took a shaky breath in trying to calm herself after a few more deep breaths she continued the story. "I begged him to take me instead of you. Told him if he hurt me it would be worse for the Pack. Told him I was pregnant. I was at the time. He decided to take me instead of you. And after that, I don't remember anything. I woke up in a basement chained to a pillar by silver chains. I was there months before John found me. Tortured mentally and physically every single day. The baby didn't survive." I was shocked. I had a little sibling and Maddison had another elder sibling. Mum and Dad had a middle child.

"But how do Maddison and Dess fit into this?" I asked. "After months of pain, I got used to pain. So every month on the anniversary of my kidnapping I locked myself in our bathroom and started cutting." Tears started streaming down Maddison's face. "One time I forgot to lock the door and 13-year-old Maddison walked in." Mother started sobbing harder.

She looked over at Maddison and Maddison continued. "At first I was shocked but snapped back into reality. I walked over to mum. She was looking down, I took the razor out of her hands and flushed it down the toilet. I cleaned the cuts on her wrists and legs. We walked back to my room and she told me everything that happened before I was born. She still hadn't told dad about her cutting." It took me a few moments to process this information but I still didn't know how Destiny fitted into this puzzle. "How does Dess fit into this?" I asked still seeking that key piece of information. "We were watching a movie and she fell asleep. She kept mumbling this like 'No! No! don't!' or 'Tell Maxine I love her. Run!' or 'I am alpha of the Blood Moon Pack.' after I saw her scars I connected the dots. I thought mum could help her." I felt Travis taking control but I didn't stop him. All I did was run. I was in the forest running in wolf form when I gave Travis full control. He went up to a cliff and howled in front of the setting sun. Declaring war against the Blood Moon Pack.

Destiny POV

After talking to the principle it was decided that I would continue school next Monday. I walked back to DiDi, Ren, and Max. We got in my car and drove to DiDi and Ren's apartment. The sun was starting to set when we got there. Max was asleep in the back with Ren. I called the orphanage telling them we would be staying at a friends house. I picked up Max and DiDi woke Ren. I put Max down on the guest bed where I usually sleep when I'm here. I switched on the night lamp and carefully closed the door. When I walked into the living room Ren and DiDi were sitting on the big couch. I plopped onto the couch exhausted when DiDi said. "We really did miss you." I smiled and pulled them into a hug and sighed. "I missed you too."

After that, I explained everything from me being a wolf to every single torture hour and it felt good to let it all out. They then told me how they arrived at the sheriff station and how sad Max was and how everyone at school wore white ribbons on my birthday. I was about to tell them how I found my mate when I heard a howl.

I know it is Travis and I know he is declaring war.

Maxine walked out of her room but now had golden eyes and light brown hair. Her wolf must've taken over. "Why is Travis declaring war?" She asked me. "I might have an idea but if I'm right we aren't save here anymore. We have to go." Maxes wolf nodded and she turned around heading back. "I won't tell Max about anything I don't want to scare her and my names, Rose. She named me after your favourite flower." I smiled nodding. I turned around to see shocked expressions so I did a quick explanation. "That was Maxes wolf and your wolf is more mature then you if your younger like Max. When you shift she is still a puppy but her soul is older. And go pack your bags we need to go. Were in danger." They nodded knowing now wasn't the right time to ask questions. I went to Maxes room to wake her when I did I told her were visiting a friend. After 15 minutes everyone was ready to go. I called the orphanage again telling them I am adopting Max seeing as I am 18 today. I told them I would fill in paperwork online. I then called our school telling them Cerenety, Dynasty and I would take online classes for now. After that, we went outside and loaded the car I drove to the small town where I was hiring the car from. After returning it. We went to the edge of the forest. We were going to have to run back, seeing as I was the only one who can shift. I gave DiDi my backpack to carry. I shifted not caring about my clothes. After a few seconds I felt Neve take her White Alpha energy and giving it to me this made me a little bit bigger. I was now the size of a male alpha. I looked at Max and nodded she got on the top of my neck then Ren got on Then DiDi. I inhaled feeling all the energy coursing through my veins. And took off. I felt amazing, running at top speed. I slowed down slightly, scared Ill throw the others off my back.

I must've been running for hours before I saw the Packhouse come into view. I felt the border guards running behind me. I saw Will and Jack running out the Packhouse alerted, ready for any danger. But Will's eyes softened once he saw me. "Dess? Dess!" I tried telling him not to yell or he'll wake Max and Ren who were currently asleep on my back. He ran towards me and yelled again "Destiny!" DiDi's head then popped up from behind my head and she placed a finger to her mouth. Will stopped in his tracks, he could smell she's human. Once I was in front of the Packhouse DiDi got off my back and picked the sleeping Max up. By doing so she woke Ren. Ren looked around confused. She got off my back handing me a big oversized shirt. She held in front of my body and I shifted back. I pulled the shirt on and ran towards Will. Jumping into his arms I inhaled his scent deeply. I remembered the others are still waiting so I turned around to be met with the cutest sight.

DiDi is sleeping with Max in her arms sitting on the grass. Ren is resting her head on DiDi's shoulder. She fell asleep again. DiDi looked up at me and whispered. "A little help?" I walked over to her and picked up Ren. DiDi stood up and carried Max towards the Packhouse. Will started walking next to me. Once we entered the house. Will took the lead and walked upstairs to the floor where our room was. He stopped at the door next to ours. And opened it, we walked in and inside were 3 single beds. DiDi put Max down on one of the beds and tucked her in, I put Ren down on the one to the left, I pulled the cover over her and we all headed downstairs. To start explaining.

Edited.

Word count 1426.