11. The Storm // Part 1

Fridays are usually my favorite day of the week but today I wished it was Monday. I wake up to my alarm blaring and curse under my breath as I reach over to shut it off. Today is one of those days where I wish I could stay in bed all day and block out the rest of the world.

"Emma" my mom knocks on my bedroom door. "Sweetheart are you up?" I groan in response, flipping onto my back and staring up at the ceiling.

"I'm up" I shout back, wishing I was still asleep. I wonder how much trouble I would get in for skipping this weekend...I suppose I would probably get fired so that's out of the question but still, it's nice to dream.

"Okay, well breakfast is on the counter when you get downstairs" she says before I hear her walk back down the hall. I sigh, climbing out of bed and wandering into my bathroom to take a quick shower before returning to my room to get ready for work.

I slip into a pair of jean shorts and an orange tank top that honestly washes me out but the less attractive I looked today the better. Anything to keep Kyle far away from me.

I grab my overnight bag and head down the steps towards the kitchen where I can hear my mom and dad arguing over the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy. "I'm telling you it was stupid. Jackson is her soulmate and I refuse to accept that it was actually really Matt this entire damn time" my mom complains. "That would be like you leaving Callie for me and then leaving me when you realize she was the one you actually wanted to spend the rest of your life with."

My dad scrunches up his nose at this and I can't suppress my laugh. My dad turns to face me and a smile tugs at his lips. "How long have you been standing there?"

I chuckle as I walk further into the room and grab a slice of toast of the platter in the middle of the counter. "Long enough" I smirk, teasing my father. "Japril is far superior by the way" I add as my phone begins to vibrate in my back pocket. I pull it out and find Dylan's name lighting up the screen causing my heart to flip in my chest.

I bring the phone to my ear with a smile. "Hello?"

"Beautiful I'm in your driveway to take you to camp. Hurry your adorable ass up" he says before hanging up. I laugh, staring down at my phone.

"Apparently I'm getting a ride from Dylan today" I explain, stuffing my phone back into my pocket. "I'll see you all on Monday granted I don't end up in jail for murdering Kyle."

"Hm let's try to contain our violent urges. Money for lawyers doesn't grow on trees" my dad teases making me roll my eyes in amusement as I pull him in for a hug. "Love you kiddo."

"Love you too. Bye mama" I add, shouting over my shoulder as I rush towards the door. My boyfriend is parked in my driveway, his lean figure leaning against his car while he waits on me. "Hi" I breathe out as I skip down the steps to greet him.

"Hey yourself" he beams, pulling me into his embrace. "I missed you" he murmurs as he pulls me in for a kiss. I giggle against his lips as I return the kiss before I pull back and smile up at him.

"We saw each other yesterday" I remind him playfully.

He shrugs. "Semantics. You ready?" he asks, looking at me worriedly. I let out a deep sigh and drop my head onto his chest.

"I don't want to see him."

"It'll be okay" he assures me, kissing the top of my head. "He won't bother you and if he does then he'll have to deal with me."

I smile, snuggling further into his embrace. "Thank you."

"No thanks needed sweetheart" he insists, giving me a final tight squeeze. "Come on, let's get out of here."